Second Skin Audio

ported box sealed from trunk?

i was just wondering what would be louder and sound better just firing my 1 12in custom evo made by ssacket rated 1500rms running off an mb quart dsc15000 sub and port back in my trunk 1991 cadillac seville with custom fold down seats or firing it forward and sealing it off from the trunk? what do you guys think?

aim foward and sealing it off will get you higher numbers. just make sure you seal it off or else its pointless

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

im not really looking for numbers though just like the low bass and like to get loud, box is tuned to 33hz, would it still sound better sealed from trunk or will it just make the numbers better?

i can say this, i just installed my new set up behind the back seat sealed up and ported my rear deck and it's a huge difference than having it all in the trunk. deeper, louder i mean i would def try it , there is more work involved but to me it was well worth it.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

I've always removed the rear speakers and created an opening at the rear deck for a better result from a trunk... but that's just some advice I was given to do a while back.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

nothing wrong with leaving the set up in the trunk, this was my first attempt at firing my subs into the cabin all my prior installs were in the trunk. but i must say i think i will be sticking with this set up for a while. op, it all comes down to preference and install, as long as your install is good i think what ever you decide on will sound good.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

hey thanks guys i think im going to seal it off just need to know how to go about doing it if anyone has any pics or build logs that would help me out since i've never tried it sealed from the trunk before thanks again

scroll through the build section here, there are some really good builds there that you can check out and get ideas from. thats what i did, good luck man take your time you won't be sorry you went that wrought.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt