I have a 2000 Honda Civic. During a recent cleaning in which I was trying to remove white paint flecks from when my girlfriend painted the car windows for my birthday, these scratches arose.

http://i.imgur.com/OLxB3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TJMXI.jpg

First of all, are those scratches, or swirls? I'm not sure I fully understand the difference. They are shallow enough that when I spray water on them, they disappear. Obviously though, water evaporates, so I need something more permanent to fill them in. I've been looking at ScratchX and SwirlX. Does anyone have experience with these products? Do you think they'll solve my problem? Thanks all.

I have a 2000 Honda Civic. During a recent cleaning in which I was trying to remove white paint flecks from when my girlfriend painted the car windows for my birthday, these scratches arose.

First of all, are those scratches, or swirls? I'm not sure I fully understand the difference. They are shallow enough that when I spray water on them, they disappear. Obviously though, water evaporates, so I need something more permanent to fill them in. I've been looking at ScratchX and SwirlX. Does anyone have experience with these products? Do you think they'll solve my problem? Thanks all.

That my friend is what most people call, "fucked up clear coat" they are scratches. They have ruined your clear coat,just not the color. That is why they go away with water.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

get some rubbing compound by 3M and try it. tercelchris may be right, and it may have scratched the clear enough to not be able to come out...in that case you could try wetsanding @ 2000 grit and then rubbing compound it. but if it has gotten past your clearcoat, wetsanding will just start taking off the color coat.

start with the compound and see what it does.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

get some rubbing compound by 3M and try it. tercelchris may be right, and it may have scratched the clear enough to not be able to come out...in that case you could try wetsanding @ 2000 grit and then rubbing compound it. but if it has gotten past your clearcoat, wetsanding will just start taking off the color coat.

start with the compound and see what it does.

I do not mean to offend the op(er) but if he doesn't know the difference between scratches and swirls, he should pay someone to fix it. Just being brutally honest. I don't even trust myself doing body work on people's cars.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

You might be able to wet sand with 800 grit,the buffing it with some compound... :good:

800 is wayyyyyyyyyyy to coarse for clear coat, for something like that start with like 1500 and work to 2000 then polish cure and wax.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

i useto work on drexil herritage furniture were i useto work and i was the wool and polish man and i had to fix shit like this on there furniture and it's a lil tricky on how to get rid of it

but u could prolly wet sand it with maby 2000grit paper and then compound it real good, let it dry n then buff it off

and it works a lil like how car paint is too

but we had strict specs on how it was susposto look cause just one nightstand costs $500 and thats wholesale and we did 1,000's of em and the tops looked like glass

but the wet sand cuts out the scratches and the compound pollishes it away, it will not fix ur problem but u will not notice it kinda like how it will look if u sprayed water on it

but be carefull cause clear coats burn real easy if u dnt kno what your doing so go easy on it

or u could always go to mayco n have them reclear it for u, and tell ur gf not to put that shit on ur car no more

hope this helps bro, but u could prolly just compound it and polish it out wit a rag and could fix most of it, or try that symonize shit they came out wit to fix scratches, i think it only fills the clear coat in and what knot

good luck wit it mang

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif