Sonic Electronix

Its simply amazing that a SHOP that is RETAIL doesn't know a brand that is INTERNET ONLY like FI. hahaha Wake up dude and use yer head..

These posts are getting extremely old and annoying.

I so agree...

And Diamond audio is a very top notch brand..

No, they dont make Street beating woofers like AA/FI. But they are some of the cleanest sounding drivers, and their components are very well known in the SQ world.

So you thinking that its garbage, makes me think You are no better then this shop!

As for bracing... Its way over talked about and used. To the point that Ive been called a noob on CACO for not bracing my 21.75cubed external box. Nor did the box I just built last week for a DD9515 with composite cone got 0 bracing, and the funny thing is my design and box build was 1.3db louder then his old box and peaked at the same freq and had 0 bracing, and a tad bigger then his old braced box.

For some reason people think you need a good 1 cubed worth of bracing in a 3cf box... Its redonkulas!

To top it off, 45s in your corners are not bracing!

If you dont know what your doing, 45s can hurt your box more then gain. 45ing every 90 degree corner of your box normal does nothing but take up internal airspace (and if you really need that airspace for a particular install 45s are just going to hurt you).

But this is just my experience from 5 years of competing, and my buddies experiences that also been in the lanes for the bast 15+ years.

How many posts are there like this? Just because you know about small company brands and a local dealer knows nothing of them, your ego gets all sort of boosted? And just to tell you sesitivity doesn't always mean shit.. t/s parameters for that matter. Your comparing a sub when reciving 1 watt compared to its RMS value.

I don't know how many posts there are like this...and frankly it shouldn't matter. Almost every topic has been covered in one way or another, so if originality is the requirement, I guess the forums should be closed since you've read about everything already.

But like I said to the other person, if you don't like the topic; save both of us some time by passing it by rather than chiming in about how many times you've read similar threads. That only makes you look rather silly.

And where you come up with boosting my ego, I have no clue...but you're welcome to your uninformed opinion of someone you've never met. But hey, you've read similar threads...so I guess that explains everything.

Way to make new members feel welcome! I'm sorry we're not all as awesome and all knowing as you are...and I humbly apologize for using the site for what it was designed for.

I so agree...

And Diamond audio is a very top notch brand..

No, they dont make Street beating woofers like AA/FI. But they are some of the cleanest sounding drivers, and their components are very well known in the SQ world.

So you thinking that its garbage, makes me think You are no better then this shop!

As for bracing... Its way over talked about and used. To the point that Ive been called a noob on CACO for not bracing my 21.75cubed external box. Nor did the box I just built last week for a DD9515 with composite cone got 0 bracing, and the funny thing is my design and box build was 1.3db louder then his old box and peaked at the same freq and had 0 bracing, and a tad bigger then his old braced box.

For some reason people think you need a good 1 cubed worth of bracing in a 3cf box... Its redonkulas!

To top it off, 45s in your corners are not bracing!

If you dont know what your doing, 45s can hurt your box more then gain. 45ing every 90 degree corner of your box normal does nothing but take up internal airspace (and if you really need that airspace for a particular install 45s are just going to hurt you).

But this is just my experience from 5 years of competing, and my buddies experiences that also been in the lanes for the bast 15+ years.

I didn't say Diamond was garbage. I said it is not to the level of Fi etc. and explained why. I inquired about 45 corners on their boxes, and they said bracing. You obviously didn't read my post.

No one posted a giant "cool story bro" pic??

I was gonna say somethings about the post but i guess its been covered.

But it is funny how many post talk crap about shops because they dont know fi sundown dc. How long have you even know of them?? sorry the shop owner doesnt just see a youtube vid of meade and go.. FI is the shit,.. DAmn.

Ive only know of sundown for a few years now...smd website for even less time.

i bet the shop guy knows brands you havent heard of either

Yes I have seen many posts like this as well. But I do see his point as I am constantly blown away by how little the "pro's" know on average. And yes I think he does have a right to be disgusted.

These people are supposed to know what the hell they are doing when they charge people for their services. And so far I have only found 2 shops that I would pay the slightest bit of attention to. I've not been to all of them in my state but that is a pretty low percentage of the ones that I have been to.

I build houses for a living and for me to be as incompetent as a lot of the shops I would need to tell my customers foundations are over rated...

No one posted a giant "cool story bro" pic??

I was gonna say somethings about the post but i guess its been covered.

But it is funny how many post talk crap about shops because they dont know fi sundown dc. How long have you even know of them?? sorry the shop owner doesnt just see a youtube vid of meade and go.. FI is the shit,.. DAmn.

Ive only know of sundown for a few years now...smd website for even less time.

i bet the shop guy knows brands you havent heard of either

I can understand the topic being old to those of you who have been here for a period of time...but the posting of how tired you are of hearing something, from someone very, very new here...especially by mods, I cannot.

It comes off as very elitist, and it's certainly not conductive to keeping members coming back to the site, let alone contributing.

And the fact remains that you are not required to look at a thread. If you don't like the topic, or are tired of hearing it...move on. Don't take something we all are supposed to enjoy and make it a negative because you've heard it all before.

To answer your question: I have known of Fi for a couple years. My preference is based on hearing them in person, and the performance for dollar ratio. I feel that you cannot touch their level of quality at that price, IMO. And their looks really remind of the old Ev, which I have fond memories of. Then again, you probably never heard of them because they were popular before you were walking and talking. :P

The fact is, that the shop "did competitions", is why I was surprised they hadn't heard of ANY of the top tier competition brands; not just Fi.

As an aside, I have known of Meade for a couple years as well...and while I am a fan of his, his videos or choice of equipment has nothing to do with my choices. I didn't sign up here because I'm on his nuts; I only signed up recently because I love car audio, and I'm in the planning stages of a new system and wanted to learn and share from the vast pool of personal experience here; like everyone else.

I can understand the topic being old to those of you who have been here for a period of time...but the posting of how tired you are of hearing something, from someone very, very new here...especially by mods, I cannot.

It comes off as very elitist, and it's certainly not conductive to keeping members coming back to the site, let alone contributing.

And the fact remains that you are not required to look at a thread. If you don't like the topic, or are tired of hearing it...move on. Don't take something we all are supposed to enjoy and make it a negative because you've heard it all before.

To answer your question: I have known of Fi for a couple years. My preference is based on hearing them in person, and the performance for dollar ratio. I feel that you cannot touch their level of quality at that price, IMO. And their looks really remind of the old Ev, which I have fond memories of. Then again, you probably never heard of them because they were popular before you were walking and talking. :P

The fact is, that the shop "did competitions", is why I was surprised they hadn't heard of ANY of the top tier competition brands; not just Fi.

As an aside, I have known of Meade for a couple years as well...and while I am a fan of his, his videos or choice of equipment has nothing to do with my choices. I didn't sign up here because I'm on his nuts; I only signed up recently because I love car audio, and I'm in the planning stages of a new system and wanted to learn and share from the vast pool of personal experience here; like everyone else.

I like you!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Yes I have seen many posts like this as well. But I do see his point as I am constantly blown away by how little the "pro's" know on average. And yes I think he does have a right to be disgusted.

These people are supposed to know what the hell they are doing when they charge people for their services. And so far I have only found 2 shops that I would pay the slightest bit of attention to. I've not been to all of them in my state but that is a pretty low percentage of the ones that I have been to.

I build houses for a living and for me to be as incompetent as a lot of the shops I would need to tell my customers foundations are over rated...

:good:

Archived