Sonic Electronix

I'm sure everyone has ran into a shop like this...but the sad thing is, is that most of the people who go in there just don't know any better and get taken advantage of.

I went in to get a quote on a box because I don't have the time to tackle them nowadays.

Red Flag #1: Has never heard of Fi, Ascendant or DC (subs or alts)...but "does competitions".

Red Flag #2: Insisted that *Diamond Audio* (he's a dealer of course), is "top notch", and "would be louder than those other speakers I wanted (Fi), on the same power." Politely disagreed with him, and pointed to the Spl/sensitivty: 94.1dB 1W/1m of Fi vs. 87dB 2.83V/1m for Diamond. Blank stare...and three other tries at pushing me to buy Diamond 15's @ $800 a piece! *Not knocking Diamond Audio...but it's not to the same level as Fi etc. And at roughly double the price, 750rms and they don't make an 18. I am SOLD! ;)

At this point, I had no intention of letting them look at my car, let alone install anything. But I decided to see just how little this guy knew compared to the little I know.

Red Flag #3: Doesn't know the purpose of 45'ing the corners in a box. "We don't need to brace the boxes." I just shook my head.

Red Flag: #4: Said "Putting another component set in the rear doors, over the front sound stage would sound just as good." After telling him that the $300 he quoted for Q Logic kick panels was double Q Logic's price. But hey, I guess those frequencies aren't directional anymore. :D

Red Flag #5: Point blank told me "I was wasting my money running 0 gauge on 3-5k rms. 4 gauge is plenty big enough. Just use the 4 gauge you already have, and put a big battery in the trunk. You don't even need an alternator with that there!" I was stunned.

Red Flag #6: Didn't know what the big 3 was...even after explaining it to him.

Final Flag #7: Despite not knowing what the big 3 was, he quoted me at $350.00 (Just labor. No wire, terminals, fuses...nothing), to do the big 3 because "Soldering six terminals on that big wire is a lot of work."

I told him his was out of his mind and left. However, I really wanted to foot sweep him and rub his face in some dog shit.

It's amazing the unknowledgeable ammount of shops like that around my area too.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Its simply amazing that a SHOP that is RETAIL doesn't know a brand that is INTERNET ONLY like FI. hahaha Wake up dude and use yer head..

These posts are getting extremely old and annoying.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

How many posts are there like this? Just because you know about small company brands and a local dealer knows nothing of them, your ego gets all sort of boosted? And just to tell you sesitivity doesn't always mean shit.. t/s parameters for that matter. Your comparing a sub when reciving 1 watt compared to its RMS value.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

all i do is get in my whip turn it up and knock stuff off there peg boards when the say nonsense. make they asses work lol

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

You just reminded me of my local shop. lolz

No knowledge of big 3. Of dc, dd, ia, re, fi, ascendant, or any other brands really. Then told me. If I built the box like it was supposed to be built. I wouldn't have to double wall the box for my Warden 18. Which broke 6 previous boxes that HE built because he wanted to see what it sounded like in his "right box." He's been doing installs and dealin for 30 to 40 years now. I just told him. Yea your right. I don't know shit. Even tho the box I built is hittin a higher db than the ones you built and mines still in one piece. :shrug:

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

Its simply amazing that a SHOP that is RETAIL doesn't know a brand that is INTERNET ONLY like FI. hahaha Wake up dude and use yer head..

exactly what i think every time i read one of these

i dont know why people even bother going to their local shops anymore because all they do is bitch about it

3K on 4 guage is fine. 5K is getting a bit over :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Excuse me for posting about car audio on a car audio site. But I would recommend that if you don't like the topic, don't look at the thread, rather than chastising me for using the forums for their intended purpose.

Archived