Sonic Electronix

Just my 2 cents.

I worked in 5 shops over a 15 year period, and some of the installers I came across scared the hell out of me. I could never figure out why these shop owners hired these clowns. I mean, they did not even have the basic fundamental knowledge of DC.

At least back when I installed, the cars weren’t as sophisticated as they are today. Back then, you could use a test light some times to probe wires, but today's cars you get within 10' with a test probe, and the computer burns up.

Here’s a story. One time I watched a tech install an after market amp and 2 in a Cavalier. He tapped the rear speakers for a line reducer and then connected the amp output back into the same wires, that where connected to the rear speakers and to the existing factory harness. Sounded really good. Then the customer left and returned in 30 minutes with a car full of smoke. Repair, $2500.

OP, you had every right to post this question, i personally LOVE seeing these threads, i started one myself a few months back.

Everyone raping you for making a thread about general audio in the "general audio" section is an asshat.

And anyone with over 1k posts who is going to go around running their mouths giving this website a bad reputation, fuck off.

Were supposed to "look up" to you guys for advice, not avoid you because your grumpy assholes.

If someone has nothing nice to say, then stop fucking posting. E-Bullying is worthless.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Just my 2 cents.

I worked in 5 shops over a 15 year period, and some of the installers I came across scared the hell out of me. I could never figure out why these shop owners hired these clowns. I mean, they did not even have the basic fundamental knowledge of DC.

At least back when I installed, the cars weren’t as sophisticated as they are today. Back then, you could use a test light some times to probe wires, but today's cars you get within 10' with a test probe, and the computer burns up.

Here’s a story. One time I watched a tech install an after market amp and 2 in a Cavalier. He tapped the rear speakers for a line reducer and then connected the amp output back into the same wires, that where connected to the rear speakers and to the existing factory harness. Sounded really good. Then the customer left and returned in 30 minutes with a car full of smoke. Repair, $2500.

cool story bro.... :good:

This is bullshit,

Stop being assholes...

OP, you had every right to post this question, i personally LOVE seeing these threads, i started one myself a few months back.

Everyone raping you for making a thread about general audio in the "general audio" section is an asshat.

And anyone with over 1k posts who is going to go around running their mouths giving this website a bad reputation, fuck off.

Were supposed to "look up" to you guys for advice, not avoid you because your grumpy assholes.

If someone has nothing nice to say, then stop fucking posting. E-Bullying is worthless.

I couldn't agree more. It takes some of them just as long, if not longer to write out a rant about the OP or about how stupid the topic is, then it would to just answer the question itself..

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I couldn't agree more. It takes some of them just as long, if not longer to write out a rant about the OP or about how stupid the topic is, then it would to just answer the question itself..

Tell you what smart guy, how about you run this place for a while and see how sick you get of all the repetitive posts...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived