Sundown Audio

amp says 1/0 but use 4 gauge?

chapo123

WUT?bigger wire more resistance?hahahahaha turd.the bigger the wire it allows more current to flow just like kingsuv said.when you want more water to put out a HUGE fire do you go for the big firemans house or the little super soaker...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

thing is though what is harder to suck out of? the lager the wire the more resistance you are going to have and more resistance is LESS POWER the trick is not making it to small, i wouldnt use 1/0 for any thing under 3k rms

I'm assuming the IDK in your name stands for I Don't Know. Because man, you sure as shit don't know what you're talking about.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

my friend is running a T15001bd (@2ohm) on 12awg with a 40 amp fuse and a 1 farad capacitor... i asked him kindly to do something about it cuz it just doesnt seem right, and he said it works just fine and he can get away with it so why not? i sat in it and it is surprisingly loud.. doesnt cut out or anything.. i cant really explain it.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

my friend is running a T15001bd (@2ohm) on 12awg with a 40 amp fuse and a 1 farad capacitor... i asked him kindly to do something about it cuz it just doesnt seem right, and he said it works just fine and he can get away with it so why not? i sat in it and it is surprisingly loud.. doesnt cut out or anything.. i cant really explain it.

12?? 40 amp fuse?? holy shit! :lol:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

12?? 40 amp fuse?? holy shit! :lol:

yeah man ill try to get pics and a video if i can, i dont really talk to him much. its very odd indeed lol

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

for a calculator like you looking for, go to bcae1.com look under "wire" (i think) and you can put in your wire size and length of your whole system to see how much power you lose (resistance). its a pretty cool tool.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i hate the hose example

while it shows how a larger wire can feed more power it leads people to think electricity acts like water... which it doesnt

electricity will take up all the available space once the circuit is closed. there will NEVER be a drip of electricity. once it is open it flows at full speed.

but yes bigger wire can handle more current

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

yeah man ill try to get pics and a video if i can, i dont really talk to him much. its very odd indeed lol

:popcorn:

1j1450.png

how about if i use 0 gauge from the amp to my back batt then do a run of 4 gauge to the front??

1j1450.png

Archived