Anyone got any tips/tutorials on re-doing seats. The idea of my car is that i do everything myself, that way i get what i want. I've never redone seats before so are there any tips i should know? I plan on just having some plain black fabric for them :) The current ones have horrible rips and stains and everything D:

Thanks guys

Chris

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Standard ford front speakers

Not for long, trust me!

order the replacements from a company like KatSkinz and you can do it yourself. If not you need to be able to sew and that is not easy if you have never tried it before. If you get a kit you can do it yourself pretty easily.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

That would be nice, only it's fabric i'm trying to replace, and it's got rips in it. Can't paint everything! :(

order the replacements from a company like KatSkinz and you can do it yourself. If not you need to be able to sew and that is not easy if you have never tried it before. If you get a kit you can do it yourself pretty easily.

I'd like that but then again if you do it yourself, you've got the experience to do it again then :) My grandma does a LOT of sewing, embroidery, fabric work, everything really. I've got some old seats i can use to practice on and i think i'll go from there. What kind of fabric am i gonna need? i assume it'll be lightly padded (ie. a few mm)

Anyway thanks guys :)

Chris

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Standard ford front speakers

Not for long, trust me!

That would be nice, only it's fabric i'm trying to replace, and it's got rips in it. Can't paint everything! :(

I'd like that but then again if you do it yourself, you've got the experience to do it again then :) My grandma does a LOT of sewing, embroidery, fabric work, everything really. I've got some old seats i can use to practice on and i think i'll go from there. What kind of fabric am i gonna need? i assume it'll be lightly padded (ie. a few mm)

Anyway thanks guys :)

Chris

If your ambition enough to really try sewing them yourself it is not too difficult. You have to take your time and use a seem ripper to carefully take apart all the panels on the seat cover. Then all you have to do is trace them with chalk onto the new fabric, cut them out, and sew them back together. Really very simple to do, just have to have time and patients, and general sewing knowledge.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Oh, and as far as fabric goes....use whatever fabric you want. Suede, or vinyl, or leather, or I really personally like the butter soft vinyl. Wears like vinyl, but feels like leather, and has a padded layer on it already.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

If your ambition enough to really try sewing them yourself it is not too difficult. You have to take your time and use a seem ripper to carefully take apart all the panels on the seat cover. Then all you have to do is trace them with chalk onto the new fabric, cut them out, and sew them back together. Really very simple to do, just have to have time and patients, and general sewing knowledge.

^ This.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/