Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer box idea that I've come up with for my car.

This box design that I came up with was influenced by Steve Meade's and Johnathan Price's boxes. It is designed around a 1988 Volkswagen Golf GL and four 10" Ascendant Audio Chaos Dual 2-ohms with a 6" aero port and are wired in 1-ohm to a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD amp. It's six cubic feet loaded (with subwoofers and port installed) and is tuned to 34hz. I'm mainly creating this topic to get input to make this box perform better. I know some of you will suggest a slot port, but to allow the box to visually "flow" better, I prefer a aero port. So, if you have any thoughts that will allow for better, even amounts of SQ and SPL, reply away!

GolfSubBox-1.jpg

smdsig-2.jpg

Thats sick as hell bro. Whats the cubic feet look like?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Needs alot more port area, that size port would be good for like 2 cubes.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Thats sick as hell bro. Whats the cubic feet look like?

Six cubic feet with every thing installed.

So you think I should add two more ports in the front two corners?

Edited by Dmo
smdsig-2.jpg

x2. three cubes at most. so at least add another 6" aero.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

x2. three cubes at most. so at least add another 6" aero.

^this.

Or add 2 3" ports to the back corners so that its more appealing to the eye.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Something like this?

GolfSubBox3ports.jpg

Yep. Thats exactly what I was thinkin. If thats not though port still then you may need 4 inchers.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Yep. Thats exactly what I was thinkin. If thats not though port still then you may need 4 inchers.

likeing it!!!!! wish i was that good with google skethup haha! :drinks:

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

without doing the math, i think you need 4" ports if you do this. with flared ports you want around 9sq in of port area per cu ft (give or take)

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.