When i purchased this ford explorer it was at night time and i didnt see the lower rust spots it has towards the bottom where a side skirt goes around the vehicle. anyway it hasn't ate through the panel yet, but what would you recommend to fix about a 2inch rust spot? Because as of right now money is tight.

Grind it down 'til the rust is gone, then paint over it.

If you're really on a budget you could just prime it and use cheap spray paint, but I bet you could do it with color-matched paint (Dupli-Color or whatever) for less than $20.

Too many projects, too little time...

you need to remove the rust and nuetralize the area or it will just come back.

good luck...

explorers are known for rusting out, so just let it be.

it wont be cheap to correctly fix it.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

you need to remove the rust and nuetralize the area or it will just come back.

good luck...

explorers are known for rusting out, so just let it be.

it wont be cheap to correctly fix it.

DId someone say, "mr rust?" Grinding and painting that will not stop Mr rust from coming back. The best solution's cut that rusty metal and weld back a new one. I know this's expensive but you will save you from hard work and frustration.

DId someone say, "mr rust?" Grinding and painting that will not stop Mr rust from coming back. The best solution's cut that rusty metal and weld back a new one. I know this's expensive but you will save you from hard work and frustration.

well i found that there's a paint out there that helps stop metal from rusting its like a brown color forget Wat its called but i have a can of it let me go check

Edited by czman30

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

well i found that there's a paint out there that helps stop metal from rusting its like a brown color forget Wat its called but i have a can of it let me go check

its called rust metal primer that's for heavily rusted metal and you have to grind the rust first then put that on then put what ever color paint is on your truck(you can find it at a hard ware store)

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

If it is just surface rust, aka no pitting, you can sand it down to bare metal then put a self etching primer then a sealer. If it has started pitting then you can use a rust converter something like this

http://www.bicwarehouse.com/rust-reformer-7830-730.html

then prime and seal, but this is just a temporary band-aid. Another thing to think about is you are going to have to do both sides of the metal.

If it has started pitting and getting into the metal the only way to fix it right is to remove and replace the rusted area.