Ok here's the deal, my mom has a 2004 Buick LeSabre Custom. When I try to start it, it starts for about a second then turns off. Even if I press the gas when it starts it does not even rev the engine. However if I let it sit for a while like overnight or about an hour or less it will start and run perfectly. I and everybody I asked figured that it could be the fuel filter or something electrical. I know the fuel pump is working cuz I can hear it. If i cant figure out how to fix it my mom wantsto trade it in which she cannot afford to do financially. The car only has about 42,000 miles on it. Anybody else know what the problem could be?

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

It doesn't sound like a fuel filter to me. It sounds to me like this could be electrical, almost like the plugs are having a hard time firing, sometimes they fire, sometimes they don't. I'd take it over to a near by auto store and see if they can run a diagnostic on it. Most places will do it free of charge.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

true that but they will only do it if the check engine light is on. which it is not.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

I've never heard that before. I've taken several vehicles down to a local auto zone and just asked them if I can borrow their odb scanner to run a diag and they've never had a problem with it.

How many times have the spark plugs and wires been changed. If they havent been changed then deff change those. Get a new fuel filter if that hasnt been replaced and it will cost less the 60 bucks... If that doesnt work, then you got new spark plugs and wires and the fuel filter is good so that will narrow it down and you wont have to worry about it later...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

OBD scanners usually only catch check engine light codes.

Not trying to pick on you bro...but this is an incorrect statement. The odb for the newer vehicles will also show electronic information. Every once in a while, I hook up an ODB III just to see my fuel consumption to check my pumps.

just a thought, but did you try a different ignition key? they have a built in transponder for theft deterent. try that. it sounds like it is going into protect. when it doesnt see the proper coded ignition key, it will not turn the fuel pump on.

again, just a thought.

or it could be the ignition cylynder not picking up the encoded key.

Edited by mojoman

Well the OBD scanner that we have only catches check engine codes...
well if this is @ a shop, you guys should really upgrade...

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=