07 TBSS Fi Team 18's B-Walled 4th

Last but not least the box is painted ;) I didn't want to go with the same old black or grey so I matched my headliner instead (I had more pics but it was too dark out).

CIMG1068.JPG

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

We banged out a ton of stuff yesterday!

We started out with the rack which has The rack has 4 Panaflo 80mm fans (1 in and 1 out for each amp). I was looking for smaller Panaflo's (Panasonic brushless fans), but I guess they don't make them anymore. Mine are from early 2K. They put out like 20+ CFM and are next to silent. There is an opening for the batts and trays that the amps sit on.

CIMG1070.JPG

CIMG1075.JPG

CIMG1077.JPG

CIMG1078.JPG

CIMG1080.JPG

CIMG1081.JPG

CIMG1082.JPG

Got the box rewired with all new 8g Stinger which Tom from Xtreme was nice enough to hook me up with :drink40:

CIMG1072.JPG

Sweet overspray, but the thought was there...

CIMG1076.JPG

Shortly after this the repaired 2 plug Iraggi was back (Dom never did tell me what was wrong with the old one). Second time around was much faster (now that the bracket, aluminum frame, and cases were already filed down) and Brad was done in 20 minutes. The last time I had taken them on and off and on again it took about 45 minutes each, I blame the working conditions! ;) I also extended the wire from the 2 plug as it was a little tight last time.

CIMG1079.JPG

CIMG1085.JPG

CIMG1086.JPG

CIMG1087.JPG

CIMG1088.JPG

As I had mentioned previously the 2 plug wont quite fit in the #1 spot and these are a couple shots of why. As you can see even after going in for repair the case is still crooked. While it doesn't look like much that is about the room we needed for it to fit in the #1 spot (1/10th of an inch). Did I also mention that this isn't the right stock case?

Another thing, I believe that around 2007 the DR44 case changed or this alt is NOT a DR44. The case is ever so slightly different which adds to the 2 plug issue. If the case was the same we wouldn't have had to file down the intake, file down the holes on the alts, file down the huge welds on the bracket (well that we would have had to do), or alter the case.

CIMG1083.JPG

CIMG1084.JPG

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Final fitting of the rack and the box. I should have puttied the screws, but whatever I forgot about it... <_<

CIMG1089.JPG

So while we measured out where the box would be height wise it did wind up being closer to the side molding than we had thought it would be and it's also higher. 9/10 of the time when we are measuring out stuff and planning (for the next day) it's 9pm after working on it for 10 hours which is retarded. Anyways, it fits, that's not an issue, but the height kind of sucks and it might really kill our tuning. Worse case it sucks and the thing gets walled or an attempt will be made to shorten the box 3 inches which will fail (most likely) and then make a new one which should lower the cubes from 10.5 to around 8.5.

Hopefully it's just crazy loud, but we shall see.

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Well yesterday we got everything back in. There is just some trim left that needs to get done and a bug that needs to get sorted out. Either a RCA got squished and is now spewing out dirty signal or it's the ground or something goofy behind the deck. Anyways going to look into that this morning as yesterday was my bday so I had some other stuff to do (like getting loaded). :drinks:

Relay in, wire done and almost cleaned up

CIMG1090.JPG

Box in with temp brace. It's really tall, but note that the roof line is NOT where it appears to be from looking at the gasket on the back. It goes up higher than that inside.

CIMG1092.JPG

But you can still see out the back, just not for 15 feet.

CIMG1093.JPG

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Found the problem... When I went to check the slave amp I got stomped with a monster shock (after posting the above). Seems like something in the amp came loose and is grounding out... fail... Just when the build is like 4 steps from completion and zero from playing. <_<

Anyways I have calls in to SS so hopefully they will have me try something rather than shipping it back. These two SMDs on one 4K at 2ohms is so weak! Yea it's still loud, but nowhere near as loud as normal. :angry:

I have never had such bad luck with an install before. A dead alt, a dead amp, and more. :nea:

EDIT: Amp boxed up to go back to the retailer tomorrow... Hopefully hear from the distributor on Tuesday after the holiday. Better not take a month to get this POS back. :angry:

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Anyways I have calls in to SS so hopefully they will have me try something rather than shipping it back. These two SMDs on one 4K at 2ohms is so weak! Yea it's still loud, but nowhere near as loud as normal. :

I have never had such bad luck with an install before. A dead alt, a dead amp, and more.

trust me i know how you feel. im in the same boat cause some bitch hit some chick who ended up rear endin me. it made my amp go bye bye. still waitin for them to finish it up >.<

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

• 2 weeks later...

It's a long story, but the short of it is that the 2 XXX 4k's landed at Soundstream yesterday...

8_resize.JPG

My luck has been absolute SHIT lately. My Caddy's hood also got pissed on by a cat or something and put a huge discoloration on it... :angry:

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Not sure if both alts are dead or just the one, either way this will be my second returned alt :shrug:

EDIT: Foul language wasn't needed, was just heated.

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

man its one problem after another. i think your blazer doesnt like you lol

I showed up at Tom's shop and 45 minutes or so later a guy calls with a blown amp. I think it's the truck, it's cursed... :drinks:

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived