Well how much is this SEM and can I get it at a retail store? Because I need to clear coat TODAY and I have to be able to get it TODAY lol if not duplicolor is the way I'll have to go.

EDIT: O and I kinda need this clear coat to dry in 24-30 hours if that's possible...

it wont take that long to dry...full harden in about 48 hours but you can install it before that, just be careful with it. NAPA usually sells it, I always have to order it, but as for price its probably gonna be around 15-16 bucks a can. worth it IMO.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

it wont take that long to dry...full harden in about 48 hours but you can install it before that, just be careful with it. NAPA usually sells it, I always have to order it, but as for price its probably gonna be around 15-16 bucks a can. worth it IMO.

Yea lol you took a while to respond so I did some research and yeah it looks WAY better than duplicolor plus I went to the SEM website and it told me some stores that sell it nearby so I'll be picking some of that up instead LOL. Thanks a bunch man you probably saved me a bunch of money and quality lol. And yea money's no problem but you see the pics I posted above, do you think one can will cover all that? (and I'm clear coating the whole brake light)

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

Yea lol you took a while to respond so I did some research and yeah it looks WAY better than duplicolor plus I went to the SEM website and it told me some stores that sell it nearby so I'll be picking some of that up instead LOL. Thanks a bunch man you probably saved me a bunch of money and quality lol. And yea money's no problem but you see the pics I posted above, do you think one can will cover all that? (and I'm clear coating the whole brake light)

its kinda up to how many coats your looking for...probably could get 2 maybe 3 medium coats out of a 12 oz. can for all of that. if you can find the 15-16 oz. cans they sell, I dont think you'll have a problem.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

its kinda up to how many coats your looking for...probably could get 2 maybe 3 medium coats out of a 12 oz. can for all of that. if you can find the 15-16 oz. cans they sell, I dont think you'll have a problem.

damn well all the damn stores that sell SEM products closed at 1 P.M. how inconvenient. So I had to go with Some Rustoleum Clear Coat... the guy at auto zone said that's what he did with his brake lights (when he tinted them) and it's pretty much the same thing, UV protection and weather durable which is all I was looking for. Plus if it turns to shit I'll know who to yell at lol. Thanks for your help though I'll definitely go with SEM next time.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

damn well all the damn stores that sell SEM products closed at 1 P.M. how inconvenient. So I had to go with Some Rustoleum Clear Coat... the guy at auto zone said that's what he did with his brake lights (when he tinted them) and it's pretty much the same thing, UV protection and weather durable which is all I was looking for. Plus if it turns to shit I'll know who to yell at lol. Thanks for your help though I'll definitely go with SEM next time.

no prob man, sucks they werent open, but hopefully that rustoleum works out for ya

no prob man, sucks they werent open, but hopefully that rustoleum works out for ya

I haven't had issues with the duplicolor with similar size stuff. SEM makes good coatings, but somethings by them can be pretty salty in price. Let us know the out come when u get them cleared.

I haven't had issues with the duplicolor with similar size stuff. SEM makes good coatings, but somethings by them can be pretty salty in price. Let us know the out come when u get them cleared.

Ok guys prepare to be like wtf lol. Sooo some friends came into town last night and I HAD to get out of the house lol so I kinda clear coated only the grille, symbol, and strip (I'll get some of the SEM for the brake lights since they're kinda important) and I waited 1-2 hours for the clear to dry, then I pulled my car out and noticed all the powder from the clear was on my car so I rinsed it off... Hopefully the clear was waterproof lol, but I put three coats on each and now its kinda like a matte black which honestly looks better than the glossy finish I wanted, and I know some of the clear is on it because the texture is different, but we'll see after I drive it for a while, so yea that turned out pretty good lol. The guys liked it and so did my dad and uncle and brother and an ass load of other people lol. They especially get a kick outta my subs too lol. And the brake lights, USE THE SPRAY ON TINT that I got if your thinking about it because when you spray it on it's DARK (after about 3 coats) and the brake lights still shine through!

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3