'95 Blazer bagging, wall, redoing all interior.

This is my friends '95 Blazer that we are building. Already bagged in the front, we will be 4-linking and bagging the back. So far we have completely stripped out the whole interior, ran wires for the compressors and amp. This is going to be a very slow build, but should be really nice when finished.

The guy he got it from rattle canned it flat black, we will be repainting it. Thinking black with a heavy green or blue metal flake in it so it will show up green or blue when the sun hits it, but black in the dark. He works at a body shop, so we have access to any of that stuff we need.

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Setting next to his dad's truck on 36"s

1.jpg

Almost completely stripped out, will be doing all black interior.

3.jpg

Wont be putting the back seats back in, eventually will be doing a wall.

2.jpg

The guy he got it from gave him a Memphis 12" with a Kenwood amp in a shitty box, I'm going to build a T-Line for it till when we 4link and wall it off.

100_1567.jpg

100_1566.jpg

Edited by rizzy71

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

The center console is two separate pieces, he wants it to be just one. So I started to glass it together.

Did one layer of fiberglass over where the two pieces join to get rid of the gap between them.

100_1570.jpg

100_1569.jpg

100_1568.jpg

Then, started to wrap it.

100_1571.jpg

Stretched and clamped.

100_1573.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1574.jpg

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

I saw that someone making a center console used wire to hold the fabric in place, kind of like stitching it down to the plastic.

Here is after it's all wired down and clamps are off.

100_1579.jpg

100_1576.jpg

100_1584.jpg

100_1577.jpg

100_1585.jpg

100_1578.jpg

Now I just have to go get more resin, then glass this up, cut out for the storage thing in the top and cut out for the cup holders, then sand, fill, sand, and paint.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

That is a MESS inside, love the jimmy grille and lights with the envoy bumper cover though, can't wait to see what happens with this.

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?

I need to understand something here.... is the console wrapped like that just to make the upper and lower parts as 1?

You mentioned that you would be cutting out for the storage pockets. Will it eventually look like it is stock, all access to the cup holders and storage pocket up front, just as 1 peice?

If that is true, your doing it the hard way. And the more expensive way.

Assuming I am understanding it right, this is what my suggestion would be.

Take a grinder, heavy grit roloc disc, or whatever, and sand the glass work you did to the 2 parts and smooth them as much as you can. Almost off basically.

Use an Evercoat 2 part urethane called Maxim. http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=179 You apply it using a standard caulk gun.

Use that at the seam of the 2 parts, and then spread it as smooth as you can, let cure, sand. repeat as nessacary to get smooth.

Then you can use some Rage bodyfiller to smooth it further for paint. Then you can prep it and paint it as you would any interior plastic.

If I have your initial plan wrong, then I will assist you with info when I see the response.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

I need to understand something here.... is the console wrapped like that just to make the upper and lower parts as 1?

You mentioned that you would be cutting out for the storage pockets. Will it eventually look like it is stock, all access to the cup holders and storage pocket up front, just as 1 peice?

If that is true, your doing it the hard way. And the more expensive way.

Assuming I am understanding it right, this is what my suggestion would be.

Take a grinder, heavy grit roloc disc, or whatever, and sand the glass work you did to the 2 parts and smooth them as much as you can. Almost off basically.

Use an Evercoat 2 part urethane called Maxim. http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=179 You apply it using a standard caulk gun.

Use that at the seam of the 2 parts, and then spread it as smooth as you can, let cure, sand. repeat as nessacary to get smooth.

Then you can use some Rage bodyfiller to smooth it further for paint. Then you can prep it and paint it as you would any interior plastic.

If I have your initial plan wrong, then I will assist you with info when I see the response.

Guys sound like he knows what he's talking about. I may be contacting you in the future for some knowledge

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?