'95 Blazer bagging, wall, redoing all interior.

Guys sound like he knows what he's talking about. I may be contacting you in the future for some knowledge

You need to check out Fiberglassforum.com...Epic has some phenomenal builds.This man knows what he's talk about.. :drink40:

I need to understand something here.... is the console wrapped like that just to make the upper and lower parts as 1?

You mentioned that you would be cutting out for the storage pockets. Will it eventually look like it is stock, all access to the cup holders and storage pocket up front, just as 1 peice?

If that is true, your doing it the hard way. And the more expensive way.

Assuming I am understanding it right, this is what my suggestion would be.

Take a grinder, heavy grit roloc disc, or whatever, and sand the glass work you did to the 2 parts and smooth them as much as you can. Almost off basically.

Use an Evercoat 2 part urethane called Maxim. http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=179 You apply it using a standard caulk gun.

Use that at the seam of the 2 parts, and then spread it as smooth as you can, let cure, sand. repeat as nessacary to get smooth.

Then you can use some Rage bodyfiller to smooth it further for paint. Then you can prep it and paint it as you would any interior plastic.

If I have your initial plan wrong, then I will assist you with info when I see the response.

Thanks for the reply. You have the plan right, but it will just be the cup holders and the storage place in the top back of it, the front will be covered, at least that's the plan for now. If it's easier and cheaper, then I will just do it the way you said and make it so the front storage pocket is accessible. How do I order from Evercoat? I didn't find any where to order from on their site, do I just have to call them?

The only thing is that the front of it doesn't quite meet up right. Any way to take care of that and make it meet up like it should and be smooth?

Here is a pic of it with the spot that doesn't quite meet up in the red rectangle. The glass made it so it is even now, could I just use that Evercoat stuff and clamp it down, then use body filler to make it smooth?

center.jpg

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

To get the Evercoat products, find a local paint and body supply shop. I use Car Quest myself.

They can get it for you. Expect to pay about $35 for a tube.

In the uneven sections, just sand out the glass thats there till it is pretty smooth. I said till it is almost all off cause some of it looks retty uneven. If you can sand it pretty smooth and work the rest out with bodyfiller, then go for it.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!