Sonic Electronix

Holy shit! hahaha, but that kind of voltage drop would burn out the amp in very short time right?? or am i wrong? i had a Kicker zx1500.1 (i know there´s no comparisson, not as strong building as the stetsom) but, with 10v and 11v voltage drops the amp didn´t last even 2 months!! haha, i use to be a noob, i wouldn´t do that again in my life, but that´s why i´m asking :pardon:

Got that from another thread, I was wondering, can I ruin my amp by my voltage hitting down to 10v?

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

wow

yes

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I think with most amps it would damage them over time running low like that but i think some amps were designed to run as low as 8v but thats a per design kinda thing so you better know the manufacturer before trying it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

oh yeah........... but it varys from amp to amp..some amps can go as low as 9V which IS BAD but cauce there built good they can last

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Low voltage does have the potential to damage an amplifier, as voltage drops two things that can be considered a negative result of voltage dropping are more current that is needed and that results in more heat build up.

More current and more heat build up are 2 things that I consider a negative result.

Also a result on an amp that has a weakly designed input section can burn out too easily and that is also from the 2 negative results I posted above.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

they can take a low voltage for a bit be4 something bad happens (this is if ur smart about it)

but yes it can and will mess up or burn up the amp fast

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I think with most amps it would damage them over time running low like that but i think some amps were designed to run as low as 8v but thats a per design kinda thing so you better know the manufacturer before trying it.

8v what amps do that???

steven.jpg

Meh...the lower the voltage the more current its gonna pull. Producing more heat. Heat which over an extended amount of time can kill components in the amp. 10v for a few seconds is just fine....now over three or four songs....bad.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

it all about the songs and the bass line 2 bro

if it something like money man then i will give it 1 1/2 songs but if it something that the bass hits and stops then hits again then MAYBE 2 songs

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

If i'm not mistaken the soundigitals are the ones capable of running down as low as those voltages cause of how they work, the amp always see's the correct voltage to power the amp even though the voltage is dropping going in.

EDIT: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21587

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2