Sonic Electronix

04 Silverado Extended Cab Box 4-10's

I want to be loud too...Just not sure if I want to port or go sealed. Sealed would be a quick build. Ported would take some actual time. Where did you get those vents from? I don't have a router also, which is a draw back, to round over where the ports would go. I pretty much had all my tools stolen by a crack head. All I have is a dremel. I have to go buy a circular saw and a jig saw just for this project. I won't have money for a router.

Edited by Dozier

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

I used a piece of 4" PVC for the port and a roundover to smooth out both ends. Sucks about the tools. You will probably have a very hard time porting 4 10" subs under that seat and not raising it up a few inches. I guess it depends on the specs of the subs you want to use too.

I used a piece of 4" PVC for the port and a roundover to smooth out both ends. Sucks about the tools. You will probably have a very hard time porting 4 10" subs under that seat and not raising it up a few inches. I guess it depends on the specs of the subs you want to use too.

I am thinking hard about Type-R's. But I have had RE xxx's, and have also had FI BTL's. I like to hit. But I know I won't fit those under the seat and know the airspace won't allow it, unless I walled it off. Been there done that, not doing it again. Refer to the avatar. Anyways, maybe some entry level FI's or RE's will do. I also get Alpine wholesale and Powerbass. So maybe that would be a better route.

As for the box. I might go sealed first to see how I like it to be simple. Post up results, and if I want louder, then go ported. MDF isn't that much. Fiberglass would be the costly part, but still isn't that bad. And besides, I will still go for the gold on airspace. I will lift the seat about 2 inches and get all the air I possibly can. Then if I don't like the way it sounds...Port the box I have already.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

I may end up raising my seat a inch or two, just to get a lil air space...that would help a lot for me, I am realy lacking in airspace right now...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

The front is 2 layers of MDF. I used a belt sander to shape the curve then finished it up by hand with a sanding block.

img3629.jpg

img3083e.jpg

Very nice work, If the OP has that kinda skill that is the way to go.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg