So basically just wondering if I can purchase the module and install it on my own and activate it? All directed and viper say about all their stuff is proffesional installation required which is BS but I'm wondering if this is true about the SmartStarts?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

So basically just wondering if I can purchase the module and install it on my own and activate it? All directed and viper say about all their stuff is proffesional installation required which is BS but I'm wondering if this is true about the SmartStarts?

you can buy any of there products, professional or not, can you install it, i dont know depends on how good you are with electronics, activation is an app and a phone call

Thanks! I do have the knowledge and skills to install it, I just didn't know if activation was something special through their dealers or if any Joe could do it.

nope you can do everything but if a autorized dealer doesnt do it, DEI doesnt warranty anything, thats all

you can buy any of there products, professional or not, can you install it, i dont know depends on how good you are with electronics, activation is an app and a phone call

Will they let a consumer activate it over the phone? All the ones I have done I logged into directechs and activated... If you can't activate it send me a pm and I can do it for you.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived