Sonic Electronix

Why Is The Seat Belt Bracket A Bad Place To Ground?

might as well jump on the dickrider bandwagon and waste 60 foot on 0 guage wire and run 3 runs from you battery to the back cuz you seen meade do it

dude chill, but back atcha name one thing that is grounded to thin ass sheet metal that pulls 200 amps......just sayin :drink40:

also its not bad depending on how much power you are running.

Edited by devil4u2c

Lol, calm down Saltine. Somebody's up past their bedtime.

To the OP, I've seen lots of peeps on here suggest not grounding to the seatbelt bolt, but I've never really seen any specific reason why it's bad other than that it's a "weak" ground spot. Never tested it myself, so I'm not gonna say anything on that.

However, @ Saltine, the factory grounds all over the car because it's cheaper. They're not wiring up a 1000+ watt stereo so they don't need those runs of 0-gauge from the battery to the back. If you're not willing to drop the money to wire up your car with thicker wires then what makes you think the people who sold you the car are gonna spend the money to do it? They don't need 0-gauge wires to ground the in-dash lights and the overhead light, nor do they need to ground to the battery for such negligible amounts of power. However, when you're pulling lots of power, you should look for the best grounds you can, which in most scenarios are the battery and the chassis. These areas will be able to transfer more current than sheet metal will.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

dude chill, but back atcha name one thing that is grounded to thin ass sheet metal that pulls 200 amps......just sayin :drink40:

also its not bad depending on how much power you are running.

the seatbelt bolt is not thin sheet metal, if it was in a wreck it would tear the bolt out and you would go for a ride. it is reinforced and actually thicker than the car frame. so now whats your argument

and yes, the battery or the frame is best but all the DICKRIDERS say you should never ground there and its absolute bullshit, and now its not past my bedtime but i am drunk

I think the only difference is "suitable ground" vs "Best ground possible"

they are both going to work... there is a local shop around here that actually does all his grounds to the seat frame not even a seat belt bolt. He has been in business over 30 years and told me he has never had a problem with it. I personalty went directly to the frame but that was only because my vehicle had an access hole that went right to the frame.

i am drunk

DING DING DING!!! There's the elusive reason for the ranting and name-calling. Hop in bed my man. Sleep off your drunken haze of anger and dick-riding references.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

ive heard a lot of people say the seat belt is a good place to ground. only argument against it i have heard is that it might be unsafe because... well... your loosening the bolt to a safety device lol.

i think we should be worried about saltine thinking so much about riding a dick when he gets drunk. :peepwall:

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

and thread jack of the day goes toooooo.........

j/k

hotdog said it best, there is the best way to do it and there are other ways to do it lol

its not a bad place to ground, and if anyone disagrees FUCK YOU YOU DICK RIDING BiTCHES. anyway someone at one time may have tried to ground there on a car and encountered countless problems from HUMAN ERROR. its no different from any other ground in the car and actually all seatbelt points are thicker than the frame so they dont pull through the thin ass sheet metal. if you cant ground to the seatbelt then you might as well unhook every ground under the dash thats in the thin sheet metal cuz its bad too.

JUST A BUNCH OF BAD INFORMATION

really is your stereo system that smart that it can tell the difference between a frame and the body, I DIDNT THINK SO

Holy smokes-simmer down crok pot

I agree with everone to an extent I wouldnt want say a battery or a 3k amp grounded to a seatbelt bolt.... duh but for a smaller system it works just fine.

Edited by AKBass

Current

Ford F350

Alpine IVA-W505

2x Diamond s600

1x Diamond S400

2x RF T1500-1BD

1x RF T600-4

2x AA Havoc 12"

DC Power 230XP

1/0 throughout

Up Next