Sonic Electronix

Meca!!! more db's with or without windows down?

we some know i have my 1st spl competition this sunday. rules state you can open doors or windows up or down. i know hearing wise my bass is lour to the ears when windows are about halfway down. can some1 tel me . will i get more db's with window s down a little or keep em shut . system is 2 audioque hdc3 15's , 1 aq 2200d xspower s3400 underhood.my car is 2004 trailblazer.also anythng else thts would help gain couple points

its your own music unless you do SQ.

when you go to do your burp keep both windows up and the door closed. you have to be outside the car so a remote is useful. burp the car and after 2-3 seconds slowly open the door. maybe its louder 2" open or maybe its all the way open. if you open the door slowly itll be able to read all the points between closed and wide open. if the numbers dont go up, your louder sealed.

get it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its your own music unless you do SQ.

when you go to do your burp keep both windows up and the door closed. you have to be outside the car so a remote is useful. burp the car and after 2-3 seconds slowly open the door. maybe its louder 2" open or maybe its all the way open. if you open the door slowly itll be able to read all the points between closed and wide open. if the numbers dont go up, your louder sealed.

get it?

thnks man i have stand outside? thats wierd. so should i sweep ad how do you do burp

I would ask them to find your peak before competing. Most shops charge like $5 for an extra or pre-run. Run a sweep to find your peak, then run your peak tone when you compete.

Just a note too, your peak changes when you open the door, so keep that in mind that you may have to run a couple sweeps at the same volume, one with door open, one closed, and take the higher SPL of the two to use as your burp in the respective orientation.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I would ask them to find your peak before competing. Most shops charge like $5 for an extra or pre-run. Run a sweep to find your peak, then run your peak tone when you compete.

Just a note too, your peak changes when you open the door, so keep that in mind that you may have to run a couple sweeps at the same volume, one with door open, one closed, and take the higher SPL of the two to use as your burp in the respective orientation.

o ok sounds good. now if i have to use my music should i just download a sweep and like bass notes from 30 to 48 hertz box is tuned 2 40 hertz

o ok sounds good. now if i have to use my music should i just download a sweep and like bass notes from 30 to 48 hertz box is tuned 2 40 hertz

It could peak at 50. so something from like 30 to 60 or even 30 to 70. When you are checking your peak, don't have it full blast so you don't bottom out any subs etc. as long as you don't touch the volume during the sweep. After that blast that peak tone! I'd do the idea that skittlesrgood suggested, and do it with the driver door, or if you want you can try both, but driver should be louder.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

It could peak at 50. so something from like 30 to 60 or even 30 to 70. When you are checking your peak, don't have it full blast so you don't bottom out any subs etc. as long as you don't touch the volume during the sweep. After that blast that peak tone! I'd do the idea that skittlesrgood suggested, and do it with the driver door, or if you want you can try both, but driver should be louder.

ok ill try that . now on the sweep noticed most sweeps that im downloading are 30 seconds long my voltage drops 2 high 11s so is there any sweeps that are faster? and when i find tha peak tone when im actualy playng it do i just burp that tone 4 like 3 seconds?

yes..95% of the time u are louder with a combo of windows down or door open

in my accord i had subs forward, ports firing to the drivers side

metter in the passenger seat

drivers door all the way open

in my experience you want to open door/window on same side as your port, and put the meter on the opposite side

but its ALL TOTALLY trial and error....test test test test...then test your tests

and with the meter at the headrest i would be surprised if most people peak above 50hz...unless your box is tuned super high....seems the headrest likes lower notes (higher 30s-higher 40s)

Edited by andym85

i likes me some audio stuff...

yes..95% of the time u are louder with a combo of windows down or door open

in my accord i had subs forward, ports firing to the drivers side

metter in the passenger seat

drivers door all the way open

in my experience you want to open door/window on same side as your port, and put the meter on the opposite side

but its ALL TOTALLY trial and error....test test test test...then test your tests

and with the meter at the headrest i would be surprised if most people peak above 50hz...unless your box is tuned super high....seems the headrest likes lower notes (higher 30s-higher 40s)

well hopefully i can get a good tone and hit around 145 to 147 hopefully. meter wontbe at headrest though it will b at passenger floorboard