DC Sound Lab

i personally say more cubes and more port area... but maybe thats just me. Like 5 cubes after all dis and 80-85 SQ in of port tuned around 35hz.

In my experience imp rise goes up when the box gets smaller meaning you will be getting less power outta your SAZ3500D... If i were you id get a clamp meter and a DMM and see what your amp is putting out now for power from this you will be able to calculate imp rise. Use this if you dont know ohms law, http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp

On my lvl 4 it was wired to 1 ohm but with imp rise my amp was seeing 3ohms, 56.5volts/18.6amps. Thats what i got from my dmm and my clamp meter. This was in 4.3 cubes after all dis, 45's in all corners and 70 SQ in of port.

One thing that has to be factored in here is efficiency and larger enclosures are generally more efficient

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

so you saying ur lvl 5 like laughs at 4k? bc im thinkin 1 lvl 5 12 on 4k. just need to know before i make any decisions. anyways ot like they said its trial and error. build another couple boxes at diff cubes and tuning and you should find the money box

i was runnin my XLs 1200 per coil and they were still askin for more and lvl5 wake up at 3k watts so 4k isnt to much to run to them if the box is built right.

Good luck 4k is a lot of juice I dunno how big those stingers are,but I bet your going to have quite a bit of voltage drop with that. If your putting the lvl 5 on 4k make your box on the smaller side of what is recommended like around 3 cubes.

i ran a lil more than 4k on 2 walmart batteries and 2 stinger spv70s with a stock alt no problem.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Yep like I thought everyone has a different preference I hate to say it but if you want to know 4 sure build the big 1 and the smaller 1 but please post the results because what works 4 me might not work 4 you only way to know 4 sure is try em both.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg