Second Skin Audio

Buying a Fi BTL 15" "Help on Optioons please'

Hey, I'm buying a 15" Fi BTL. what does it mean when it asks you if you want the subwoofer to be universal or not?? once i get the awnser on this i'll order it. and dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm??? thanks

My Speaker Configuration"

Fi BTL 15"

- Dual 1 ohm or Dual 2 ohm - not sure yet..

- P Chamfer

- Cooling

- HiXmCoil

- Daily

- I Heat Ring

- universal (Yes or No)

- Dustcap: Blue Chrome

Fi BTL 15" Specs,

BTL15

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 35.6 Hz | 34.6 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 5.72 | 5.90

Qes: .24 | .22

Qts: .23 | .22

Mms: 256g | 272g

Sd: 810cm^2 | 810cm^2

Vas: 71.6 l | 71.6 l

Spl: 93.2dB 1W/1m | 93.1dB 1W/1m

Bl: 18.3 N/A | 27.2 N/A

Xmax: 28mm * | 28mm *

Rms: 2000W * | 2000W *

Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft

Ported box: 3-5cuft | 3-5cuft

Sub OD: 15.625” | 15.625”

Cut ID: 14.125” | 14.125”

Mounting depth: 8.750” | 8.750”

Displacement: 0.21cuft | 0.21cuft

BIG STICK

2005 Chevy Malibu 3.5L v6 (Impound Status)

(New) Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D - Courtesy of Maxxonics

(2) Kenwood KAC-8402 Amps for mids & Highs (ok for now..)

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Head Unit

(4) 6.5" Soundstream Tarantula's

(2) 5.2" Soundstream Tarantula's

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

BX15 Soundstream Bass Booster

0g Streetwire

dual 2 if you use just one 15 and that hifonics in your sig

yea, i will be using that amp. Do you know about the universal option?

BIG STICK

2005 Chevy Malibu 3.5L v6 (Impound Status)

(New) Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D - Courtesy of Maxxonics

(2) Kenwood KAC-8402 Amps for mids & Highs (ok for now..)

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Head Unit

(4) 6.5" Soundstream Tarantula's

(2) 5.2" Soundstream Tarantula's

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

BX15 Soundstream Bass Booster

0g Streetwire

yea, i will be using that amp. Do you know about the universal option?

it lets you be able to change from D1 to D2 and vice versa with recones. if its not universal you can only have one or the other on that sub

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

My understanding of the universal option is that if you want to recone the sub at a later time, the universal option will allow you to change the coil configuration. For example if later on you decide you want to add another one of those amps and recone to an 18, you could recone to a dual 1 and strap the amps at 2 ohm nominal. Could be completely wrong, but that's how it was explained to me.

Universal is what I went with I wanted to have the ability to recone to a dual 1 if I decided to run more amps which I ended up doing so its a very good option.

steven.jpg

my advice to u is if ur only planning on having1 sub then dont bother with the universal option, if u plan on getting another 1 get the universal option. Below is taken from there website.

Tech.BTL

The BTL line is our flagship woofer. Its whole design is based on and focused on being able to throw tons of power to something in a Bass Race or “Street Jam” situation.

Options Available are as follows:

P Chamfer: This is a chamfer on the end of the pole, it helps to bring the air down around inside of the motor and helps cool the coil better. It also helps relieve the pressure underneath the dustcap. We recommend at the bare minimum to get this option if you choose this series of woofers.

Cooling: Self explanatory, the cooling channels are machined into the inside of the sub to help cool the coil FAR better. But there are some things that you sacrifice. There is less metal inside of the motor so it is a little weaker. If you are looking for a tone/burp only scenario for SPL we suggest that you do NOT get this option. Stick with only the P chamfer. Now if you are looking for a daily sub to beat on and you have 2000+ watts the BTL series is for you.

Flatwind: The flatwire coil option is standard in the BTL.

HiXmCoil: This coil is simply much longer than the normal dual 1ohm or dual 2ohm flatwire coils and allows for more xmax. If you are using this in a daily scenario we suggest that you choose this option, especially in the 15 and 18 inch models.

Inner Heat Sink: Its a machined aluminum ring in the gap that lowers the voicecoils inductance (allowing it to play up higher and have a little better overall transient response). It also reduces the volume inside the magnet gap of the motor increasing air speed with the cooling as well as allowing the coil to kick off heat to a more receptive thermal mass rather than magnets. 

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2’s to dual 1’s and vice versa by reconing them. If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen. (Dual 2’s will forever be a dual 2 motor, Dual 1 will forever be a Dual 1 motor).

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Archived