HID's + Running Lights = PITA! HELP?

I have a 02 ford Windstar witch i put HID's on got them off line. they are 9007 bulbs...GREAT HIDS no problems as far as function goes.

Here's my problem the van has day time running lights and activate when you shift into gear only DAY OR NIGHT with half power than they usually run when you hit the headlight switch. and when the hids are installed and the running lights activate it turns the hids on but makes the flicker for 2-3 seconds and then turns them on. witch im sure over time will mess the up....

Now is there anything i can do to fix this problem? i called the dealership to see if they could deactivate the running lights from turning on by them self and they said that's its built in.

Any ideas? THANKS for the help in advance!

HID's In the mini van FTW :pardon:

Edited by BeatBox

Actually there should be a fuse that you can pull that should deactivate them.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

thats what i thought too, what would the fuse be called? stupid Q's prob...theres one but it powers a couple other things so if i take the fuse it might turn more than just the running lights off....ill try it tho see what happens lol thanks

i was also thinking getting a relay kit and having wired with a switch but that will be a last resort.

Edited by BeatBox

I know Ford keeps most of their shit as far as electronics the same. So assuming similar to an 02 Taurus. Look in the fuse box in the engine compartment. There might actually be a fuse that says DRL or daytime running lights. Remove that and let me know if its there and works

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

That does work in some if they don't have a message center but thats not a real permanent fix. I know for a fact you should have a DRL fuse in the engine compartment. If not you say they ONLY come one when in gear, there has to be a wire you could cut or ground to get rid of them that way.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

thats what i thought too, what would the fuse be called? stupid Q's prob...theres one but it powers a couple other things so if i take the fuse it might turn more than just the running lights off....ill try it tho see what happens lol thanks

i was also thinking getting a relay kit and having wired with a switch but that will be a last resort.

For GM's the fuse is labeled DRL. In my car it was a 15A fuse in the block in the passenger cabin; obviously your location will vary but I would start your search in your interior fuse block.

Too many projects, too little time...

did you try puttin the ebrake on a little bit? i know it works in some vehicles

only on the jimmy it works not on the damn van

Robert8252- imma try it in a little bit and ill def let you guys know if it works lol just got outta work......

went out and checked the fuses AGAIN lol the only one i seen that was close to the one is...

14-10A Auto Lapmp sensor, transmission overdrive cancel switch, front electronics module, compass module, electrochromatic mirro, psp overhead console switch

took it out and turns on the abs light in the dash and doesnt display the milage

so i think the only thing to do is gettin a relay and putting a switch to it and turning it on when i turn the headlight switch on....its ghetto but sounds like the only way either that or SALL the HID's witch i dont want to do

any ideas on what i should do?