Second Skin Audio

time to decide

okay so here is what im working with. 2000 mustang coupe, equipment, rockford T500-2. i know the amp is large for a 500 watt sub but i have it and ii looks damn good in a black car. so what i am trying to decide is what sub will be happier in the set up. i want to run a single 12 as to save weight. im looking into either a rockford T1 i know they are rated at 600 on last years model. an Fi SSD rated at 800 so it would be a little under powered. or an alpine type R. planned on using a ported box. i listen to all types of music and i love good sound and hard hitting bass.

Give us a budget.

Why do you want one of those only ? There are so much subs in the market.

I would try a Sundown sa12, or an SSA Icon (more on the sq side).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

the sa-12s are proving themselves and with one of those aluminum coils it will taken more power then they already do

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

well my budget is around 200-300 or so. i've got an alpine type R that i love already but that one is not going in the mustang. box design is not ment for that specific car. not to mention its an 04 model and only rated at around 300 watts. the rockford, well the front stage is the new power series the anp is also the power series. so it was more of a continuation of the theam...lol the specs on the Fi's have me curious as to their abilities. im open to possibilities i guess. again tho its getting crammed into a mustang. so a huge box is out of the question. and i'd like to have some trunk left...lol im going to be maxed at around 2cu ft. i'll know more about exact space in a bit.