Sonic Electronix

ok so i think i am clipping but before i go to spend money on an o-scope i want to know if haveing my bass remote maxed would cause clipping if so where should i have it at my max where i turn it to where my subs sound good?

ok so i think i am clipping but before i go to spend money on an o-scope i want to know if haveing my bass remote maxed would cause clipping if so where should i have it at my max where i turn it to where my subs sound good?

Usually i think you turn your bass knob to it's max or all the way up then when your settin your gain on your amp you get all your setting to the rite point where it sounds good and no distortion and then your all set. and when you want less bass you turn your knob down. Thats what i think you are suppose to do.

use a digi meter... unhook your speakers. turn down gains.. turn up head to max listening.. hook up digi to speaker output of amp like it was your speakers... set it to dc... turn up gains on amp until you get just under .1 volts dc from amp if it starts off with dc cut down head some or flatten it's eq and put sub output to 0or 1 if 0 cut's it off totaly. cut loud off if you have that too. Deck should as flat as possible.

a system w.o any clip is unrealistic. Most music is dynamic enough so .1ish on a test track will be fine and you should never have to worry about it...

do that bass knob unhooked. then hook it up and turn it up see how much dc you have... clipping is dc power.. clipping is when your amp quits putting out ac power (smooth sine wave) and starts blocking it off (square waves) not literally square but flat on top and bottom

You should only use bass knob to increase weak bass. other wise you should only barley use it. Also your voltage meter hooked to batts will decrease more than usual as well during clipping because your amp is strained more. ie why it gets hot. also why the subs get hot (flat top waves means the sub is holding out at that point so they're not moving heat out of the spider for that small amount of time instead of fluently pulsing.)

Doing that will get you in the ball park and protect your equipment enough w/o losing more output than you want.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

Archived