Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on what I should do. Well, first off Im back carless for the moment and all I got to get around is my crotch rocket. My lil brother is selling his car to me because my SS took a mean shit on me!!! Well, car he's selling to me is a beat up 1982 Buick regal 4-door. I mean it runs great and all, starts up everytime but its just a lil beat up here and there. What I was wondering since im only getting paid peanuts from my job, should I sell my bike and get the system I really want? The car is only $400. Would u guys think im crazy if I put a $3000 system in it?? I dont have the funds for a new car but i got bit by the sound bug years ago and dont want to ride anymore. Its a 2000 yamaha R1 and its beautiful but I either will sell it or trade it for about $3000 in beats....whats your opinion?

edit:System down below is no longer there....

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

yeah but whats good about a new ride and no bump?...I mean the car runs great for a $400 beater and plus its solid all the way around, just a few dents and some rust spots...Dont wanna have to get a new car and still have to save another $3000 for some sounds!!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

Custom ported box

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

with the year of the regal,IF you want to get rid of the bike, i would get a nicer car, it will make you feel that much better when you put some bump in it. If you are already questioning putting a stereo in a 400 dollar car, don't do it. Second make absolute sure you want to get rid of your bike, i've got rid of 2 of them, an 04 600rr for 4 12's and 2 t 1500's, then got rid of an 06 gsxr 750 to buy a new motorocss bike. Now everyday i wish i still had the bikes, and had more patients to save money for a system. I love this stuff, but also love bikes, so just depends on what side of the fence you are leaning on.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Seriously..sell the bike if you don't want it and get a nicer vehicle. If you won't have the money for a nicer vehicle and won't take a loan when you sell the bike, keep it and save what you can until you're ready.

Nice systems in busted up cars make me sad. Like someone said, you'll be happier in a nicer vehicle.

Yeah i understand completely fellas!! But im like a kid in a candy store everytime I look in these threads!! LOL. Bass bugs are great creatures. But, I do enjoy riding my bike so I just might keep it. But I dont know how long it will be before I can scrape together the right funds for a nice ride with some serious beats. And the equipment I really want might not be around when its time. So, hopefully I win the lottery or get a nicer job!! hahaha. Anywayz, thanks for all the advice guys. I just might keep the bike and try another year or two...Who knows...

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

Custom ported box

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt