A New Setup For My 03' Tahoe...i Hope It Will Be Louder.

if you keep that power, I would go with the more cone area, and wall it... I ONLY see 2- RE and 8- Eclipse subs... Those eclipse subs have more cone area than any thing else you mentioned, peronally I would run those somehow- wall, or really large CRX style box

well he said he already traded them

if you keep that power, I would go with the more cone area, and wall it... I ONLY see 2- RE and 8- Eclipse subs... Those eclipse subs have more cone area than any thing else you mentioned, peronally I would run those somehow- wall, or really large CRX style box

Currently I am running 2K watts on 4 Diamond 12's (it was 6 12's until recently). The 15's are going to take their place. The power is only remaining the same for a small bit of time. I am in the process (about 1/2 way there) of getting the $ for the first of 2 Rockford T40001BD's. It will probably be two months before I have them both and have the third and fourth subs. There will be no wall, the final result should be 4 15's (CRX style box) on 2 T4000's. I put the picture of the eclipses up because that is what I traded to get the RE's. I wanted some opinions on the trade. I felt like I got a decent deal. I know that I gave away a lot of subs for just two, and I have always been a freak for more surface/cone area with my subs, but I am trying something new. Hopefully I won't regret it.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Good evening. I regret that I do not have much in the way of an update. I just got home from school, earlier than usual actually (we had a test), but still a bit late to get the tools up and running. I don't want to disturb my neighbors. There was some progress in the way of material aquisition. I managed to obtain my grounding and power buss plates and 90's.

Sorry for the lack of anything interesting tonight. Maybe I can hunt up some pictures of my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes until I have some progress pictures. <_< Actually, I hope to put some work in tomorrow evening. We will see.

Posted Image

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Good Evening everyone. I have finally made some progress. It is not much yet, but at least it is started. Enjoy (at least I hope).

We've got the bottom and the back.

Posted Image

The sides are on.

Posted Image

Hole 1 for the woofers, and of course a test fit.

Posted Image

Both hole, and another test fit.

Posted Image

Gorilla for the top.

Posted Image

Top is on and holes are smoothed.

Posted Image

Sadly, I had to stop there due to having other things that have to be dealt with. Here are the last three as I was cleaning up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry there isn't anymore, but hopefully tomorrow will have a little more time for me to work on it. Saturday will get some time, but I have to work on a friends truck too. :rolleyes:

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Well, a little more progress and now I need some dry time. So, here are some progress pictures. I forgot to take pictures throughout getting the port in, I started and then got carried away. I'm sorry.

A friend of mine stopped by for me to work a little on his system. He ended up test fitting himself in the new box.

Posted Image

I got going fitting it for the port and forgot to take pics along the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, I got some dry time going. I will post more when they are ready.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Yeah man your amp install looks real clean, nice! :)

Well, I had a decent setup in my Tahoe until this past weekend. I had six Diamond Audio D3 12's, and due to some wheeling and dealing, it has four and two empty chambers. The good news is, I have 2 new friends that will be taking the place of the diamonds...

These two will be going in.

Posted Image

Hopefully there will be two more later. For now though, these 2 15's will be running on these.

Posted Image

I have about half of the necessary $ set aside for a Rockford T4000. They are really pricey.

Here is what was in there as far as subs. They did alright, I pulled a 150.6db on a term lab at 43hz. The mic was on the kick panel, not the dash, but not too bad as far as I can tell. Until I have the Rockford, it will just be the 2 JL 1000's running the 2 RE 15's. I plan to try and see what changing subs, but leaving everything else the same has in this case (I will tune of course). The build will be slow, I work fulltime, and I go to school in the evenings. The few evenings I have off hold BJJ classes so I really don't have but a little bit of time each night. I will apologize in advance to the pic-whores. I'm sorry for the slow process.

I have gathered some wire and I have cut the top, bottom, sides, etc for the new box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know, not much, but it's a start. More as soon as I can. Any comments, tips, thoughts, etc. are really appreciated. Oh, here is what I traded for the RE's...I can't figure out if I got a good or bad deal. I guess my numbers will answer that.

Posted Image

Gately Girl

www.gatelyaudio.com

Nice work! Double baffle or nothin though bro! B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived