A New Setup For My 03' Tahoe...i Hope It Will Be Louder.

Well, I had a decent setup in my Tahoe until this past weekend. I had six Diamond Audio D3 12's, and due to some wheeling and dealing, it has four and two empty chambers. The good news is, I have 2 new friends that will be taking the place of the diamonds...

These two will be going in.

Posted Image

Hopefully there will be two more later. For now though, these 2 15's will be running on these.

Posted Image

I have about half of the necessary $ set aside for a Rockford T4000. They are really pricey.

Here is what was in there as far as subs. They did alright, I pulled a 150.6db on a term lab at 43hz. The mic was on the kick panel, not the dash, but not too bad as far as I can tell. Until I have the Rockford, it will just be the 2 JL 1000's running the 2 RE 15's. I plan to try and see what changing subs, but leaving everything else the same has in this case (I will tune of course). The build will be slow, I work fulltime, and I go to school in the evenings. The few evenings I have off hold BJJ classes so I really don't have but a little bit of time each night. I will apologize in advance to the pic-whores. I'm sorry for the slow process.

I have gathered some wire and I have cut the top, bottom, sides, etc for the new box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know, not much, but it's a start. More as soon as I can. Any comments, tips, thoughts, etc. are really appreciated. Oh, here is what I traded for the RE's...I can't figure out if I got a good or bad deal. I guess my numbers will answer that.

Posted Image

BJJ20logo20resize.png

what kind of classes do you hold? :blink: :blink:

Those would be Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. That was a good laugh, I can only imagine the possible things that you may have brainstormed for that one. :lol: Also, I guess my wording wasn't very good, I do not hold the classes as in, me being the teacher. I am just a student. I am really glad that I am clearing that up now rather than before anyone knew what I meant when I wrote "BJJ". :blink:

BJJ20logo20resize.png

do you just have like 8 pairs of woofers laying around everywhere?

i see 8 eclipse 4 diamonds and 2 RE's

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

do you just have like 8 pairs of woofers laying around everywhere?

i see 8 eclipse 4 diamonds and 2 RE's

I wish that I could answer yes to that question. The story is as follows:

I have a Tahoe and a Frontier. The Tahoe had 6 Diamonds on 2 JL 1000's. It used to have 4 eclipses which I sold to a friend when I bought the diamonds. My Frontier also had 4 Eclipses. I aquired 4 15" solobarics so I sold two and put two in the Frontier. This left me with four eclipses laying around. My friends amp is stable to 1 ohm. The eclipses are dual 4, so two would be better than four, but the eclipses couldn't handle the amp if just two were running. He traded me his four for two of my diamonds. For a brief moment, my living room floor was held down by 8 12" eclipse subs. About an hour later, I loaded them up and met up with a guy that traded me for the two RE 15's. So as of now, I have 2 RE 15's, 2 Solobaric 15's, and 4 Diamond 12's. Now that I have managed to confuse myself... :blink:

I am not sure if it was a good trade for me to give up the 8 12's for the RE's. I think it was, but I will have to put my opinion in after I get a chance to get them bumping.

What do you think, my 8 eclipses for the 2 RE's, good or bad deal for me?

BJJ20logo20resize.png

re sx ?

You are correct. I know that they are not near being the big dawgs that RE has to offer, but I hope that these two, and hopefully two more later will be sufficient. Heck, I'm just excited cause they are my first RE subs that I have ever had.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

if you keep that power, I would go with the more cone area, and wall it... I ONLY see 2- RE and 8- Eclipse subs... Those eclipse subs have more cone area than any thing else you mentioned, peronally I would run those somehow- wall, or really large CRX style box

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived