So Ive just finished dropping in my bats, putting in some deadener, getting things a lil redone, its sounds good.

I just dropped the subs in real quick and set the gain at 1/2 just to play around with it on my way to work.

Its wired at .5 nominal, I plan on getting a clamp from harbor frieght maybe even tom to see what is actually going on power wise

but anyway

im picking out songs i know very well to hear the difference in loudness, sq, and so on so i come to "put on" by jeezy its the slowed down version , and im like ehh.. lets see how it sounds

so im listening its all good voltage is good blah blah and the kanye part comes up where it gets like megaaa loud and im like sweet!!! its gonna wang and when the bass drops its like............... nothing

and like oh shit! no way did i just go into protect????? my voltage was like 13.7v im freakin out like omg im busted my ass for like 3 days to finish up and now i have to start troubleshooting and who knows how long i could be doing that...

im like wtf ive never put my 3k into protect... thats gay im powering off the h/u and back on to see if the amp immediatly goes into protect or not

then i realize its the decaf version and he prolly cut it down, (maybe cuz the suuuper loud part is clipped???) i was like Sweet.. next track and it fires right up.

I almost died

thanks Decaf

haha

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s