Hey people! howz it goin? Well i am almost ready to do the BIG 3 very soon!! but i am still a bit confused on a step of doing it..I have been watching a couple of tutorial videos about it that made me go crazy!!! Ok here is the problem..Some people says to keep your stock factory alt and ground connections and add the big 1/0 wires..and some says..Get rid of it?? which is safer?? do i have to keep the factory connections?? or i can just leave it hanging?? HELP?!! any ideas is welcomed!

Thanks

Keep ur OEM stuff on and just ADD to it. Never get rid of the OEM stuff no matter if ur planning on keeping it cause u never know u might decide to sell it, then whats the next person gonna have?

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Keep ur OEM stuff on and just ADD to it. Never get rid of the OEM stuff no matter if ur planning on keeping it cause u never know u might decide to sell it, then whats the next person gonna have?

x2, and if one of you connections happens to fail, they are your failsafe.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

it wont hurt anything to leave it.

more copper for curent to flow though think of it that way.

Edited by bigredishott

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

Oh ok..the reason also i was asking this is because i got me self a tsunami battery terminal and its got 2 1/0 gauge connection and 2 4 gauge connections..and i will be kinda short of space to put the factory wires!! and i thought it would be wise to ask who knows more about it! YOU GUYS!!! SMD people FTMFW!!! :drinks: so now it seems..I must get rid of that battery terminal post??

Oh ok..the reason also i was asking this is because i got me self a tsunami battery terminal and its got 2 1/0 gauge connection and 2 4 gauge connections..and i will be kinda short of space to put the factory wires!! and i thought it would be wise to ask who knows more about it! YOU GUYS!!! SMD people FTMFW!!! :drinks: so now it seems..I must get rid of that battery terminal post??

There is really no wrong answer here. You can drop the oem wires and will work fine with just the 0awg , we just suggest you don't.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

yes what they said, add to, do not remove..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill