sorry I meant 6 days, 4 school days..

but thanks!! I'm going to go to UTi afterwards, need to figure what I want to major in

I'll be taking a welding class fa sho :D

..my senior prom date has double d's...... bewbz :D

How good is UTI's programs?

I'm graduating from Nashville Auto Diesel College and i wasn't really all that satisfied with what they taught there, many lies were told by my admissions representative.

It's a decent school for someone with no experience that needs a foot in the door, but i had a lot of the basic knowledge they teach there, so i wasn't really happy with it.

I hope you have better luck with UTI than i did with NADC. Good luck bro. :drink40:

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

shut up matt :P

I've heard that UTI is alright.. from what I've heard they teach you how to fix the problem but they don't teach how to diagnose it

I'll know soon enough

its an 18 month program then I'll be working full time starting at $30 an hour

I learn FAST so I can get the basic stuff in and start to apply it and do my own trouble shooting and learn from there

the experience will come from working in a shop not from sitting behind a desk and having it handed to me word for word then doing it on a shop car in a controlled environment so I'm not relying on that as my education

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

shut up matt :P

I've heard that UTI is alright.. from what I've heard they teach you how to fix the problem but they don't teach how to diagnose it

I'll know soon enough

its an 18 month program then I'll be working full time starting at $30 an hour

I learn FAST so I can get the basic stuff in and start to apply it and do my own trouble shooting and learn from there

the experience will come from working in a shop not from sitting behind a desk and having it handed to me word for word then doing it on a shop car in a controlled environment so I'm not relying on that as my education

good luck with the thirty an hour man. I've been in the heavy duty truck repair feild for three years now and the most ive ever made is forty an hour labor and thats when i do side work on my own service tickets under my name lol. and its not all profit.

im only makin like 25 an hour doin work under the bossman lol.

tell me where you gonna get thirty i want a job :P

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

haha! just a number I was shot when I was talking to someone about it

I don't guarantee anything but I know I'll be workin steady some where for decent pay after only 18 months in college which is better IMO than going to a junior college than transferring to a 4 year and realizing I didn't learn shit and wasted time

I'd much rather be set on a path and start working towards a goal thats achievable and something that I know I will be doing daily instead of normal college where I know I would be lazy and not show up to a lot of the days :lol:

what side of the feild are you wanting to go into? Auto, trucks, collision, etc etc.

If you can find the right job you'll really enjoy it if your into tech work and electronics (obviously you are or you wouldn't be on here haha). Good luck to you on your schooling and i hope you do get a job that pays that good. It'll keep you interested and

you'll always be doing something different.

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

what side of the feild are you wanting to go into? Auto, trucks, collision, etc etc.

If you can find the right job you'll really enjoy it if your into tech work and electronics (obviously you are or you wouldn't be on here haha). Good luck to you on your schooling and i hope you do get a job that pays that good. It'll keep you interested and

you'll always be doing something different.

not collision, I have tons of patience but I always look at a wreck and think how it would be even possible to get it back to new, beyond me and I don't really have the eye for body work

no matter your opinion on GM I wish they had a GM tech to special in because I would be on that in a second

I already know a shit load as it is about the SUV's and would definitely like to learn more/work on them all day

my skill lies with Film and Editing but I know how the business works and thats not what I want

I do it on my own time.. all the videos you see that turn out good are all done on a whim, I just start throwing footage together over a song and I see potential then keep going

when I have a deadline with a particular look dictating the project, I begin to fail because its forced.. it doesn't just come to me like how it should

plus the stress of the film business is TOO much for me, I hate deadlines and bitchy people telling me how to do my job

especially when they have no idea what they are talking about

I hate customer service and dealing with people, I like labor and specific jobs

I would probably start off in a tire shop like les schwab because a.) I have 2 neighbors that manage les schwab stores and b.) me likes the big rims :D

Archived