S15_Silvia Posted June 2, 2010 Report Posted June 2, 2010 QSC RMX 2450 you say? I've got the 850...I thought this thing was loud 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
kl0wn Posted June 2, 2010 Report Posted June 2, 2010 I've always wanted to do this to the extra JL magnet I have laying around. You just gave me a little boost of motivation 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
marcmdm2005 Posted June 2, 2010 Author Report Posted June 2, 2010 QSC RMX 2450 you say? I've got the 850...I thought this thing was loud Yea my cousin bought one for some god unknown reason. I've always wanted to do this to the extra JL magnet I have laying around. You just gave me a little boost of motivation Its fun you learn alot. Now If I had the money I would have a whole army of hand built ones here.
DCmagnum Posted June 2, 2010 Report Posted June 2, 2010 32" maybe? lol use a 5 gallon bucket instead of the pop can ="Impact"] pioneer 4200 dvd 4 sets aa carbon mids 2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters rockford power t400.4 rockford power 4inch DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2) 2 DC XL 15s The artist formally known as willie3719
marcmdm2005 Posted June 2, 2010 Author Report Posted June 2, 2010 lol use a 5 gallon bucket instead of the pop can Man I couldnt imagine how much magnet that would require and how much magnet wire. And holy shiyat that would take some power and be in-efficient as hell.
kirill007 Posted June 2, 2010 Report Posted June 2, 2010 The sub doesn't looks really efficient, it doesn't has a lot of excursion with 300W up it's ass and 20hz. It would probably need a big enclosure. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
marcmdm2005 Posted June 2, 2010 Author Report Posted June 2, 2010 The sub doesn't looks really efficient, it doesn't has a lot of excursion with 300W up it's ass and 20hz. It would probably need a big enclosure. Well I just took a roll of magnet wire and wound until I felt it was ok. 2 Layers. Ended up being a 8ohm coil. It wasn't built to be efficient. It was built out of boredom. With ZERO off the shelf parts.
marcmdm2005 Posted June 8, 2010 Author Report Posted June 8, 2010 Ok new coil is done. 2.5" Coil Three Layer 22AWG Wire. 2 OHM Going to work on the magnet assembly tonight hopefully.
marcmdm2005 Posted June 20, 2010 Author Report Posted June 20, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p40uKk_hIfI NEW LITTLE TEASER OF MY NEW ONE I AM BUILDING!!!!!!
HamillTheAnimal Posted June 20, 2010 Report Posted June 20, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p40uKk_hIfI NEW LITTLE TEASER OF MY NEW ONE I AM BUILDING!!!!!! Get it done.... I can't handle the suspense ...lol it looks cool, I just wish we could see more now
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.