Hmm... interesting. I've always wanted to do this. My idea was to make a 24 inch woofer using an old beastly motor I had laying around from a blown 12, using using a 24 inch bike rim for the basket and a 20 inch bike tube as the surround (so it wouldn't need to be cut up, just in half) and a huge funnel as a cone. Never thought of what to use as a coil... I may try it for the hell of it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Also try using CA glue for the coil, it would hold that bish in there firm. it worked great when i had to rewind a coil for a friend's type r that blew.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Can we get the links for mobile users?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Those are really interesting man.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Well the plastic cup is the only thing that I could find that was lightweight tall and had a bigger top and a smaller bottom for the coil to sit in.

Next on I am shooting for alot more excursion. Then going to go bigger...alot bigger.

One of my major problems is I need magnets / slugs. And no one here seems to be willing to even come off of there blown Dual Audio subs for the slugs. They think there worth gold even though they are locked up

I think i may have 2 blown Pyle Blue Wave 12" subs, You could have for shipping if you want. They are pretty hefty subs for bring cheap, so let m e kn ow you can have both subs, they are both blown but in there basket and have motor too.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Archived