It irritates me when i help someone install their setup and they keep trying to bridge their system. I tell them use correct impedance and what is the answer i get "It's louder this way" and they tell me this after is sounds crappy. I just dont get it, if someone says turn the gain down is it that damn hard 2 quit turning a damn knob??

yeah, i get you, but i think youre kind of missing the point. im not worried about whos fault it is, its just so irritating when any level of audio equipment is ruined by idiocy. or just te pure ignorance of it all.

I am not missing the point, I completely understand what you are saying. I'm just saying, they're not going to learn by you yelling it in their head. IMO first hand experience is the best way to learn, so if they have to blow some of their shit first hand, before they are ready to learn some tips of the game, let them go ahead and throw their cash out the window.

But there are some people that will never sit down and actually even attempt to learn anything about car audio. They just buy the stuff, have somebody install it, play it, blow it, and do it all over again. If that works for them, let it be, they are just putting money in the pockets of people/businesses. :drinks:

The thing that pisses me off the most about certain people is when they think they know everything because they saw some fucking YouTube videos or read a magazine. I don't think people realize how much work it is to do this kind of shit. Every one thinks it's just plugging wires and turning knobs, they don't know the "science" behind it or how much knowledge is required to do a custom build. And that's what really grinds my gears.

I like your first post :clapping:

if someone says turn the gain down is it that damn hard 2 quit turning a damn knob??

For the people that don't care, yes...it is.

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

people who quote a post that has 5+ pictures in it, especially when its the post directly above theirs. like no one would have known wtf they were talking about. example... say there is a thread about a hummer with 6 smd's in it, there is no need to quote all of the pictures and say "that's crazy".

people who quote a post that has 5+ pictures in it, especially when its the post directly above theirs. like no one would have known wtf they were talking about. example... say there is a thread about a hummer with 6 smd's in it, there is no need to quote all of the pictures and say "that's crazy".

x2, Just quote em delete all the img tags etc...and put the word pictures, if you must quote them.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

people that drive like complete dumbasses for no apparent reason. or actually stop at a red light, then say fuck it and drive through it. shitty drivers piss me off.

also people with duis that try to buy alcohol and get pissy when you dont sell it to them. had a guy a few days ago come in with his buddy wantin to buy beer. i asked them both for id. one guy didnt have it and was like 'dude im 28, plus its not for me its for him hes droppin me off and goin to a party' the other guy tosses dui papers on my counter. so im like whats this. and hes says it his papers like its not a big deal. anyways he gets pissy cause i wouldnt sell it to him cause A) his buddy has no id so i cant sell it to them anyways B ) he had a dui c) you need a valid government issued id in order to buy alcohol which you dont keep i guess cause they took it when they gave him the papers. then he tries to get in my face so i told him i have no problem stepping outside if it means that much for him to buy alcohol. he ended up just leaving

Edited by darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

x3, no doubt

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Then let them blow their shit, doesn't hurt you at all. Just mark where you left all of the settings on the amplifier, so if they try to say it is your fault, you can use that as proof. And if they try to take the markings off with anything (like Acetone, etc.), it'll just take away the numbers/letters that are suppose to be there to begin with.

If people decide to change all the settings after I took my time to set it all up (whether I did it for free, or they payed me because I also just installed everything), that's their problem, not mine. They'll learn sooner or later that you were right, then maybe you can sit them down and actually explain the difference between a volume knob on the head unit, and a gain/bass boost knob on the amplifier, till then though...let them do what they want.

Take pictures of the settings and keep them on file.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png