Sonic Electronix

why dont we see sealed boxes anymore

lol, my sealed box gets loud and low :lol:

but each box has its pros n cons, but to my understanding a sealed box is more of a universal box that will sound good on what ever music u decide to play on it, i kno mine does

but for some reason the bigger the box the lower the bass, or thats what i get from it

and why dont most ppl run downfires any more?

i put one 12 in my bro n laws blazer in a sealed downfire and it was louder than 1 of my 15's in a sealed box off same amp and same song too

i unno why downfires are louder than a regular sealed box, i guess cause it works off a bandpass principle somewhat

ive never had any problems with sealed boxs, but i have ported

aint tommy mc kennys truck a sealed box turned into a bandpass? or is it ported?

oh, and randy "assman" had 32 10's in a sealed wall n it was playin lows like hell, so it all has to do with install being if its ported or sealed, you can make a system sound like shit or a concert either way

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i must admit that my lil 5&1/4'' sub in my logitech comp setup puts out some damn good bass for what it is, plays lows nice too

maby its the new wave lol

sealed sound good but ported can get closer to the subs resonance and let it do what it can, but the next ported box i build im useing tubes, every slot port i build plays higher notes loud as shit but doesnt like low notes at all

it takes some practice to get ported boxs right but they can sometimes yeald more sq than a sealed in a way but i still got a place for sealed boxs

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

Hey I still run sealed all the time. I love a sealed box and they can get complicated to build too.

Theres a time and a place for each design and some woofers just won't play in sealed boxes well and yes sealed boxes can go LOW.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

These new bigger more powerful subs just seem to be better suited for ported.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

my re's sounded like a cow fart when i had them sealed, but now that i got a semi decent box they really rock

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

ya, like my old rf punch hx2 12's, they sounded like poop in a sealed box but even in a prefab ported box they wanged like hell off 500rms for the set, wished i would have kept those :( lol

its obviously because people can't afford full pieces of wood, so they have to resort to buying wood with wholes in it.

:rofl:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

ya, like my old rf punch hx2 12's, they sounded like poop in a sealed box but even in a prefab ported box they wanged like hell off 500rms for the set, wished i would have kept those :( lol

HA HA I have a set of dual 2 ohm 15 inch Punch HX2's and RF told me the same thing. Just because they have sealed specs, you don't want to run them sealed.

Terryswork001.png

damn i wished i could find some old rf subs, i loved my hx2's, just never got to acually put some good power to em

i went threw a shit load of audio stuff and thats what i aint got anything new yet, tryin to keep what i got for now, had some cerwin vega vmax 12's that i put in some sealed box i found in garage and turned it upside down kinda like a downfire and it was louder than my 2 mtx 5500 15's lol

i unno, once i get a job n get rid of this uninployment i can get my money back up and can afford some good shit lol

and my buddy that owns a shop local useto let me get shit at cheap but someone baught him out and now the new dude wants him to sell shit at cost so that hurts me too, got them vegas for $50 for the set, should have kept em, and my punch hx2's for $150 for the set almost brand new

there are some speakers that required a sealed box .......remember company called " IMPACT " ......I had a set of the pro 12's and they required a small sealed box ( .75 cubes each) ...

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Archived