Sonic Electronix

why dont we see sealed boxes anymore

ya, i tryed my audiobahn natural sound 12's in a ported box that i put my rockfords in and it sounded like poo

but when i built some boxs for each one, i think it was 12x12x15 for each sub box sealed and they wanged real nice so i unno

but to my understanding and some others too, sealed boxs can handle more power than ported, but on the other hand, you dont need more power to get a sub louder in a ported box than what you would of a sealed box

pro to sealed boxs = handle more power, take up less space sometimes, sound good on just about everything, less likely to bottom out a sub

con to sealed boxs = box needs to be big to yeald a lower tone, neets more power to get a sub as loud as it would be in a properly tuned ported box

pro to ported boxs = use power more efficiently, can play lower than a sealed box due to tuning, can get more out of a ported box spl wise than a sealed

con to ported boxs = need more cf to get the right acoustic mass vs the sealed box, is only able to reproduce its desired freq of tuning, more likely to bottom out a sub if not designed properly

this is what ive learned from the 10+yrs ive been working with audio equitment car and home

but no matter what type of box you choose it's all in the install, all kinds of stuff can throw a system all to wack, but only few know how to get it back on track, ive done a few installs for ppl with sealed and ported boxs and they both have a place in an install, due to size and output u want from a box is pritty much how u choose

now when it comes to bandpass boxs im blank, thats to much shit for me to try and figure out lol, would love to try one but dunno what i will get out of it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I won't touch ported boxes they sound like poo

I either run horn or if it won't fit I go sealed

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I love sealed and wouldnt have it any other way!

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

I run 1 sealed type r in my wifes car, but my truck gets the ported boom :yahoo:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived