New SMD Stickers!

Here is a pic of the large one. As Richard @ Techforce pointed out, these are made of vehicle wrap vinyl and are very thin compared to regular vinyl graphic material. If you have a curved window like mine, it takes some patience to install these, and I have a lot of experience with large vinyl graphics. I did this one dry, with no heat and it took me some time to get it right.

2010_06062008Feb0008.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0009.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0011.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0018.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Here is a pic of the large one. As Richard @ Techforce pointed out, these are made of vehicle wrap vinyl and are very thin compared to regular vinyl graphic material. If you have a curved window like mine, it takes some patience to install these, and I have a lot of experience with large vinyl graphics. I did this one dry, with no heat and it took me some time to get it right.

2010_06062008Feb0008.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0009.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0011.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0018.jpg

Looks good!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man i am on the site trying to buy a window decal and everytime that i hit add to cart. It says "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." I was wanting to get one ordered so i can get it shipped out asap today.

I think I was supposed to let you know when the site was up and I do not remember if I did that or not??? But, you can now order on our site...

I think I was supposed to let you know when the site was up and I do not remember if I did that or not??? But, you can now order on our site...

Yes you or your son one sent me a email saying that it was back up.

2010_06062008Feb0008.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0009.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0011.jpg

2010_06062008Feb0018.jpg

Yeah. I reccomend for people who do not have much large vinyl aplication experience to "hinge" the top of the vinyl decal with 2" wide masking tape on the top of the decal and flip the decal up on the hinge and as your peeling the back liner off the decal spray water on the back of the decal and the window then lay the decal down slowly working out any bubbles with a credit card or hard squeege... Then firmly go over the entire graphic with the credit card or squeege to make sure it is adhered properly. Let it dry for about 10 minutes then start slowly peeling the liner off the decal from one corner gently holding your finger on the graphic in case it is still dry and does not peel up when removing the liner... If anyone has any questions... just ask!!!

Yeah, I was thinking a "wet" install might be best, but I went at it dry with the hinge technique, I ended up with a small 2cm crease in the lower part of the SMD signature, my window is curved both right to left and top to bottom, though. This wrap stuff is THIN!

If you see me order a new decal, it's cause that crease got to me, and I want another shot at installing it perfect! B)

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I had posted these in my "Really Nice Decal" thread, but thought I'd post em up on here along with ptcary.

100_4788.jpg

100_4786.jpg

100_4787.jpg

100_4790.jpg

100_4791.jpg

100_4792.jpg

Not as hard as on the PT back window I'm sure, but never having done it, I found it a little difficult.

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

PT, You can try to save the graphic since it is in the sig on the bottom right... In a shady area u can SLOWLY pull up on that corner, make sure glass is clean. If u pull too fast it will stretch it... As for the material being thin... the regular vinyl is thick and the wrapping vinyl that lasts longer and with other long life vinyls, they are thin as all hell???? Go figure! If that doesn't do it, PM me and I will take care of u on re-ording it... The large ones are hard and you do have one of the WORST back windows because of that curve!!!! LOL! U did great for a dry install!!!!

Archived