Second Skin Audio

15s in a civic trunk?

I have a pair of audioque street duty 15s that i ran in a blazer for awhile but now its sold and i just bought a 98 honda civic 2 door ex and i was wondering if it anyone has ran a comparable setup in one im having troubles figuring out how to get a box big enough for them in that small of a trunk. would running them free work very well at all? the largest box i have measured to fit would be about 5 cubic feet so im not sure if they would work very well in a 5 cube box sealed or not does anyone have any opinions i would really apreciate it. thanks

i have 2 15s in a 7.27 cu ft box in the trunk of my 01 civic. i cut the rear deck out to fit it

(Headunit) Pioneer DEH-P3100UB

(Speakers) Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs

(4 Channel) Alpine MRP-F300

(Subs) 2 15" Audioque SDC2.5

(Box) 7.27 cubic feet tuned to 31 Hz

(Mono Amplifier) Elemental Designs Nine.1

(Wiring) 1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

(Batteries) 2 C&D Tech 75 a/h

going with one not an option? lol just wont be good to try and get them both in being the lack of space. would prob be better off with the single one or maybe try to down size to a pair of 12s. not much can be dont in that small of space. dont wanna deprive them of airspace

i have thought anout running just one but i already have them both and they are dual 4 ohm so i will only be running one at 2 ohm so i wont be getting as much power from my amp but im starting to think that one will be alot easier to make work than two im not wanting to cut anything out as far as the rear deck goes and i have a set of memphis 6x9s int he rear deck do you think the pressure would hurt them i have heard of that but i didnt know if that would be alot mroe extreme situation than mine or not

i got 6 cuft of box in my 02 civic... you wont do it in a 98 with out cutting!!! my box was build in 2 pieces to get it in the trunk look at my build link is in my sig

Edited by orangecounty

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

yeah you might have them 6x9s poppin lol but you can get them foam baffles that mount under them, if that happens. i just took mine out and added more front stage but thats all up to the person

my car is a hellofalot bigger and I only had room for one fifteen run one fire it forward sealed off from the trunk

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

my car is a hellofalot bigger and I only had room for one fifteen run one fire it forward sealed off from the trunk

i agree it sounds great that way in my ride too. sealing it off is key though. leaks will change the sound. better the seal = better the sound