Sonic Electronix

Hey, the other day I popped my trunk to show my subs and uhm, the dynamat on the trunk just fell off? now I'm pissed off because I paid fucking $200 dollars worth of this shit, and I guess it was hot/humid w.e. but isn't this shit opposed to not come off easily? what could of caused it to fall off? Anyways I got it back on but i'm missing a chunk on the right side. :angry: I guess Dynamat is over rated like people say. here's a picture of it.

http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture005nx8.jpg

the entire thing fell off.

the picture that I posted is the Dynamat when it was fully attached to the trunk.

Edited by TwigzTheJuggalo

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I guess im blind, I dont see where it fell off...

no no, i didnt actually take pictures of it falling off it was way too dark at night, but that was what the dynamat looked like when it didn't fall off. I can take pictures of what it looks like now if you'd like I'd have to do it tommorrow though during the day time.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I dont know shit about that stuff, so no need for the extra pictures unless you think someone else can help you out. I am looking at putting that stuff under my carpet in my trunk, but falling off wont be an issue there... Good luck. Someone here can help you out, just keep bumping the shit outta this thread!

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I dont know shit about that stuff, so no need for the extra pictures unless you think someone else can help you out. I am looking at putting that stuff under my carpet in my trunk, but falling off wont be an issue there... Good luck. Someone here can help you out, just keep bumping the shit outta this thread!

well, i can tell you one thing about dynamat, it works great when your doing it under the carpet, because that shits still on sticky as hell, but for some reason, in my case when the humidity is really great, this shit will just fall off on you theirs the competition on sunday and i'm going to the shop where I go to Xtreme Audio, and i'm going to show them and see if I can get it fixed for free but i doubt it.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

u could just get some spray adhesive or some contact cement

shit, im broke homie but thanks for tips. I think mayb the piece that's missing is stuck to the carpet still, it was dark as hell but I'm gonna take a look tommorrow and see because theirs no way that it fell on the street because it was stuck to my carpet which was in the trunk I think in the future i'm not going to get Dynamat I heard theirs alot of other things that do same job for less.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Probably due to improper cleaning (or not at all) of the surface. That shit shouldnt ever come off. And Dynamat is not overrated at all, just overpriced.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall