Sonic Electronix

First off did you clean the surface well enough? Also did you use a Heavy Roller to put it on with or just a plastic one>>I made one out of a Mop handle and a Flat Bed caster...That dude will never break...I bought the Fat Mat and haven't had any problems with it coming off.

I'm not sure what you didn't to when installing your dynamat? If applied correctly is is almost impossible to remove much less fall off! First off you need to properly clean the surface you are going to apply the dynamat to. An old rag & acetone works great to clean with. After you have cleaned the surface you need to cut the dynamat to fit the area you want to stick it. Next the dynamat should be heated with a heatgun until it is nice & flexible, almost like hot glue coming out of a hot glue gun. It doesn't hurt to warm up the surface you are sticking it to as well. Now just lay the dynamat up there where u want it & use a roller to lay it down. If you don't have an actual dynamat roller try using a back massager with wheels on it. You can get them at walmart for next to nothing. Just find one that fits in your hand that has wheels that roll. If you do these steps there is no way in hell that it will ever fall off.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

First off did you clean the surface well enough? Also did you use a Heavy Roller to put it on with or just a plastic one>>I made one out of a Mop handle and a Flat Bed caster...That dude will never break...I bought the Fat Mat and haven't had any problems with it coming off.

i was talking to my buddie from term pro and he said the same exact thing. When I got all my shit done I relied on a shop and uhm, I'm going to bitch at them on Sunday because it looks like Ass. The shit fell off again when I was on my break and popped my trunk to check and its fucking up my carpet and it even got on one of the sub rings. I'm going to post pictures on sunday from the show. As for a heavy roller, he used his fingers if I remember correctly. All I can say is i'm done with business with this shop if they don't fix it for free. I paid $200 dollars for this.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Yeah man..It is hella easy to just buy your own roll and cut it yourself and roll it..I used Fat Mat which is a cheaper version of dynamat and it does the job fine..Fingers really won't stick it that good..Rolling it is best...Shoot 200 bucks could have bought you a shiz load of Fat Mat...Enough to do your whole interior...Doors, floors, trunk and roof...

Yeah man..It is hella easy to just buy your own roll and cut it yourself and roll it..I used Fat Mat which is a cheaper version of dynamat and it does the job fine..Fingers really won't stick it that good..Rolling it is best...Shoot 200 bucks could have bought you a shiz load of Fat Mat...Enough to do your whole interior...Doors, floors, trunk and roof...

well, now u tell me lol. If they don't fix it for free i'm done doing business with them that simple i'm not letting them install any more of my shit. I'll buy what I want and do it myself. that's what I should of done but I was knowledged enough but thanks to this forum I have more than enuff knowledge for the basics.

:)

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

image026-1.jpg

Fatmat :)

All I know is Fatmat doesn't work well on the woodish part of my side doors. I took my door apart and a piece of fatmat came falling down. Fatmat sticks well on metal though ^_^

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs