Sonic Electronix

best dome tweeters to use at budget cost

i ahd the lanzar Tws's that they claim are 200watt tweeters i had 4 total hooked up in parrlell on my eclipse 34440 (800X4) ran the gain at about little less then 3/4 and they sure enough stoped working 1 after the other i had 2 in parrlell to channel 1 and same to channel 2 soo i was wondering whats a good set of tweets that handle Higher power levels??

i ahd the lanzar Tws's that they claim are 200watt tweeters i had 4 total hooked up in parrlell on my eclipse 34440 (800X4) ran the gain at about little less then 3/4 and they sure enough stoped working 1 after the other i had 2 in parrlell to channel 1 and same to channel 2 soo i was wondering whats a good set of tweets that handle Higher power levels??

First, they were probably being clipped out of their minds with the 3/4 gain. Second, don't trust lanzar's ratings as gospel. Third, if it is a true dome, it probably wouldn't like any frequencies below 1.5Khz at the lowest, and most amps don't have filters up to that.

I say death from overpowering and low frequencies.

As for new ones, not really sure, I have forgotten the name but they are ruthlessly loud, can someone help, I forgot?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

soo should i buy the same ones and just run gain 1/2 way or maybe a quater of the way up ?? they had there own little crossover networks with then that i also was running

I think buy the best you can for your budget, and O-scope the gains with like a 2Khz test tone.

As for the best tweeters, I can't help for that.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

soo should i buy the same ones and just run gain 1/2 way or maybe a quater of the way up ?? they had there own little crossover networks with then that i also was running

first of all why dont you do a little research about how to properly tune your amp. 2nd its not the tweeters it YOU. 3rd the gain is NOT a volume knob, you will fry everything you come into contact with until you learn this

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

first of all why dont you do a little research about how to properly tune your amp. 2nd its not the tweeters it YOU. 3rd the gain is NOT a volume knob, you will fry everything you come into contact with until you learn this

Too true, a bit personal with the first bit though.

Archived