ok so i checked. a 1/4-20 x 1-1/4" chrome button head bolt with an allen, is $2.40 a pop.

alright thats about what i was expecting. can you get them 1 1/2" long. on the insert nuts i have the thread doesnt start till right befor the bottom and thats about 1 1/4" from the top of the port.

• 1 month later...

WTF happened to this build ? i wanna see vids this install was badass and there were never any vids taken :(

I want to see the port painted red too! That would be hot! And great fucking work on the box! I am in love!

thanks......ya i didnt realize anyone wanted vids......ill deff get some for you guys. it doesnt flex my car very well or anything my comaro seems to stand up to the bass real well.... which is wierd cuase when they were in my girls car they destroyed that thing. as far as the port goes its staying for now.....i was debating from the beggining if i should paint the whole box or not instead of wrapping it, and emergency mdf run helped me decided to go ahead and do it since it messed up the vynle a little bit. the box is gonna be painted to match the car and im gonna make a big trim panel that goes around the box and incorparates and fiberglass amp rack. i think im gonna wrap that in black vynle so i think the port will eventually end up black to match that.

Archived