Second Skin Audio

Subs overexcusion

6 cubes for 3 12's is definitely on the bigger side of boxes. If you're feeding them close to their max RMS in a big box, especially at 30hz, they'll definitely have more excursion than a smaller box would. If they're not bottoming out or making funky noises or smelling horrid I don't think it's a huge issue tho.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I have 3 pioneer premiers 12's(3,500 watts and 1,000 watts rms each) for power ihave a hifonics bxi2610d running at 1.3 ohms. My box is 6 cubic feet tuned to low 30hz and it looks like the sub is overexcursion because it goesput all the way up

Kool story bro

Cool_story_bro.jpg

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Kool story bro

Cool_story_bro.jpg

LOLOLOL haven't seen that one yet.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

6 cubes for 3 12's is definitely on the bigger side of boxes. If you're feeding them close to their max RMS in a big box, especially at 30hz, they'll definitely have more excursion than a smaller box would. If they're not bottoming out or making funky noises or smelling horrid I don't think it's a huge issue tho.

I'm pushing bout 800 watts rms or more to them

Just turn the gain down a lil, better to be safe than sorry.

And 6 cubes for 3 12s isn't too terribly much.

no not really, i'll have 2 12s in a 5 cube box

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

WTF?

6 cubes for 3 12s is perfect. Hell, even on the small side. Tuning low and playing low would in fact reduce the amount of excursion of the subs at resonance. And you would be giving them about 600W at the ohm load you mentioned which is within their limits.

I say, you either have nothing at all to worry about, or you are playing well below tuning. You can tell a significant difference in sound and smell with the latter.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Just turn the gain down a lil, better to be safe than sorry.

And 6 cubes for 3 12s isn't too terribly much.

For some 12's with big motors 6 cubes for 3 subs is fine, but his 3 Pioneers are probably wishing they were in a smaller box. They gots tiny motors on those things.

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?