Sundown Audio

Amp shutting down at high volume

bmwsittinon19s

Has anyone heird of a amp shutting down because of a ground being to small ? have a eclipse 34230 hooked up running at 4 ohms to my highs i have 4 gauge power n a 8 gauge ground it cuts out n turns off at high volume... any input ??

Yes, the ground is as critical as the positive wire.

Maybe you are clipping hard, how did u set the gains?

And how did u ground the amp?

amps grounded to battery and then has ground off battery about 7 inchs long to frame of car... gunna go change the amp to the frame with a 4 gauge...

its running 4 emeince 8s and 2 comprestion drivers and its rain in parrlell at the amp is 4 ohms and gains about 3/4's up

Why is it that everyone thinks that power comes from the pos terminal?

I know for a fact in a regular battery (AA AAA D C) electrons store at the negative terminal and when a full circuit is made they go from the neg to the pos terminal.

Is this not true for automotive batteries?

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

tercel chris if u got neg comments why dont u keep them to yourself.. no one asked u anything about that reason for doing it because it has a ground 7 inchs away str8 to the frame which is already done from factory i made a mistake is that ok with u ?? go drive your tercel around buddy n think your cool!

tercel chris if u got neg comments why dont u keep them to yourself.. no one asked u anything about that reason for doing it because it has a ground 7 inchs away str8 to the frame which is already done from factory i made a mistake is that ok with u ?? go drive your tercel around buddy n think your cool!

Dude im sorry if that came off as an attack that wasn't my point. I never made an attack towards you or your intelligence or anything sorry if you think that. Everyone makes mistakes there is nothing wrong with that.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

amps grounded to battery and then has ground off battery about 7 inchs long to frame of car... gunna go change the amp to the frame with a 4 gauge...

its running 4 emeince 8s and 2 comprestion drivers and its rain in parrlell at the amp is 4 ohms and gains about 3/4's up

3/4 gain is quite high, but it depends on the HU, and if u don't hear any distortion it shouldn't be a problem.

Have you sanded the grounding spot down to bare metal?(sometimes people forget it :P)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived