Sundown Audio

Cant figure this out for the life of me

Ok, i have a 92 celica, running an audioque 1200 to 2 DD 1508's.

Big 3 done, stock electrical.

My voltage on a regular basis is fine, never drops down past 13.

But recently, after redoing my route for my power wire for the big 3,

i have been getting random spikes of energy causing my voltage to rise to 17+ volts.

This turns my amp into protect mode, and my battery light in my guage cluster comes on.

Sometimes it will go back down to 14, sometimes it'll stay that way until i completely remove the key.

Can anyone help me?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Are you using an MLA module or any external regulators? My MLA did this exactly, but pretty much locked at 17+ and I had to remove it.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

check to see if the power wire melted or rubbed up against something and is causing it to short out.

that would cause voltage loss

ot... sounds like the regulator in the alt is fucked... time for a new stock alt or an upgrade

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

if ur running a stock alternator it sounds like your voltage regulator is going out. same thing happened to me b4. when u 1st start the car up the vlotage is stable but after it all gets good and warmed up it would start spiking to 17-18 volts. u may want to invest in a new alternator maybe upgrade it to a bigger 1 to

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

ahhhh shit i hope not.

I was just plannin' on sellin' the car.

Well maybe its time to give DC Power a call :pardon:

Edit: And yes i am running just a stock alt.

Edited by C-Fizzy

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Ahhh deja vu! Same thing just happend to my buddies 93 Celica GT. We replaced the alt with a stock replacement one from Napa and it fixed the problem! Definately sonds like the reg. as stated before.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

if you dont mind, how much was the replacement? its either get a new stock, call DC, or go to pick-n-pull LOL

under construction

u hate c-fizzy?

if you dont mind, how much was the replacement? its either get a new stock, call DC, or go to pick-n-pull LOL

Wasnt there with him, but i just called him and he got the remanufactured 80A one for 184.00. Napa is usually high so you might could get it cheaper at AutoZone or Discount or whatnot.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire