Sonic Electronix

Can Someone Explain to me what impedance rise is??? I've looked it up, and looked at examples and its still pretty tricky to understand, i know when the sub or speaker rests its at a certain impedance, and when it moves it changes. So would that make a 1 ohm load for example a different ohm load?? Im pretty good when it comes to car audio, but im not to familiar with this

yes, even if you blow on a subwoofer you can see it change. Very interesting

Yeah thats how i tell if some subs are blown for other people by the impedance rapidly changing when still. I have also looked at the other impedance rise posts on the forum, and i guess for me its kinda confusing. Does it have to do with the tuning and air pressure of subs moving inside the box

From my knowledge, it has something to do with the subs moving at a fast rate, which causes some sort of electromagnetic field around the coil. Thus causing change of impedance.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Hi,

From what I understand about it, it is the "resistance" of how many windings there are in the voice coil...

I have looked it up also, and I have made speakers myself... (

<< My video of them.)

Here is something that I found out that might help you understand it more:

Get enameled copper wire, and wind it around a metal screw 50 times.

Put both ends of the wire to a magnet after stripping the enamel off the end with sandpaper.

Put the screw to something metal, and it will stick because of the electricity in the wire... Take the wires off the battery, and it stops.

This is an electromagnet, im sure you know about this but if you wind it a different amount of times it will get less hot, or more magnetism... etc.

This also can save your life in the woods if you are stranded and need a fire; if you put a metal wire on both ends of a battery it will get red hot, just like a speaker when it blows.

Idk how else to explain it :D

Hope I helped.

All i´m saying is that i fucking hate it haha, i lost money building boxes trying to fight against it, and said fuck it! I just buy big ass amps and don´t worry about it haha...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived