Second Skin Audio

1 pound per cubic foot poly fill seems like too much

I got 2 kicker cvr 15s in a 4 cubic foot sealed box. (Yes I know, too small but that's all the room I got) I bought 4 pounds poly fill for it and stopped at a pound and a half. It just seems like way too much. The box is almost completly full of fill. Am I doing something wrong? Should I force all 4 pounds in it and throw the subs back in? I'm kinda lost here.

True but we have adhered to this rule for 20 or so years.

I have been running kicker for close to 14 years.

Make sure you have your drivers in seperate compartments. If you have 4 cf total then make sure its 2cf sealed per drive with 2 lbs of poly-fill per driver.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

True but we have adhered to this rule for 20 or so years.

I have been running kicker for close to 14 years.

Make sure you have your drivers in seperate compartments. If you have 4 cf total then make sure its 2cf sealed per drive with 2 lbs of poly-fill per driver.

Does this mean you can tell my why my comps started soundin sloppy as hell after about 6 months?

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

Odds are you have pounded them way too hard.

Take them out and with your fingers push the cone in and out and for issues with your spiders and look for tares in the spiders.

Also power them up free air with music to listen to the spiders and listen for a POP sound that will come from the spider.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Make sure your box is not ripping apart and that no air leaks have developed.

Terryswork001.png

They are in the same chamber, is it critical that they are seperated?

When sealed yes.

EDIT: My opinion.

Terryswork001.png

They are in the same chamber, is it critical that they are seperated?

Nope. One chamber is fine

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

common chamber is fine as long as one doesnt die and they inside is relatively "square" so the drivers will load mostly evenly...

When you put the fill in make sure not to let it cover the rear of the woofer or you could be adding extra heat to the coil due to poor venting. Fill shouldnt be packed in extremely tight but make sure it takes up airspace pretty good as the end effect it is having is making the airspace "stiffer".

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived