The subs finally came in today. It only took two weeks exactly from the day I placed my order (and I believe Fi was on vacation for two of those days after July 4th) but it felt like it took two months.

At first glance these subs are massive. The pic of one next to my RF HX2 says it all. They are super stiff and I predict they'll easily handle a T1K each without breaking a sweat. My future upgrade will be to a pair of T2Ks to really power these things.

At first listen they sound deeper than my previous setup of three RF HX2 12's but not any louder. Its obvious though that these are moving more air as they can be felt just as much as they're heard. Upon cranking the volume the entire truck begins moving, shaking and rattling tremendously. The 12s did well but they never had an effect like this. I pop in some tones ans it sounds nice down to 30hz (the lowest I took it) and cause extreme flex. The dashboard, roof, hell everything is floppin. Not just moving but FLOPPIN.

At first meter it doesn't do near what I was hoping for or expecting. It hit a 146.3 @ 41hz (my trucks resonant frequency) then later got it up to a 146.7. This had me bummed since my 12s did better than that off a single T1K but I have to keep in mind how low its tuned and how deep it wants to hit. So next I dropped it down to 30hz and it did a 143.something. Not bad IMO for such a low note. I like the sound of it as is for music. I'm just going to have to test & tune it higher to find the right frequency for comps. I'm sure it has more in it and I still have faith that I can hit a 150 with these.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what adjustments I could make to make this box to hit perfect at 41hz (volume, port area, tuning)? I'm willing to change it in any way if it will get me louder for competitions. Anyways, here are the pics.

Posted Image

Fresh out of the box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Felt padding for the tinsel leads.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comparison next to a spare RF HX2 12.

Posted Image

There's no comparison here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fi sends you a couple tiny stickers. That wasn't enough so I cut my own at work.

Posted Image

And finally in the truck.

Posted Image

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Also I forgot to mention that I don't have any extra batteries in right now. My old setup ran at 1.33ohms per amp and it never dropped below 12.8 even without any batteries in. Now these 18s are running the amps at 1ohm and they seem to be pulling a lot more power out since I'm getting voltage drops down to 10volts at the amps. I'll be getting a couple Optimas installed back in asap and see what happens after the voltage is stabilized a bit better. That should help my scores out a little, heh?

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived