Sonic Electronix

What does it mean when one subwoofer is pushing out a lot further than the other one. The two subs are hooked up to a 2-channel amp (each sub going to one channel; NOT bridged).

This just started happening the other day.

I don't think the sub is blown. I'm thinking that one of the channels on the amp is bad (it's an old amp that a friend gave me).

It's a PPI PCX2400. Also, the amp gets really hot just from a short time of play. *The gains are set at about 65-70%.

*The sub still works, however, the excursion is much greater than the other one.

Thanks!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

It seems like your clipping your stuff with the amp up that high and the fact that it gets hot fast.

So if it was clipping, it could very well be a blown sub.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

It seems like your clipping your stuff with the amp up that high and the fact that it gets hot fast.

So if it was clipping, it could very well be a blown sub.

The reason I don't think the sub is blown is because it still sounds the same (the sound quality still sounds great), just the excursion is much greater than the other sub. There's no distortion when playing or no noise when I push in on the sub....

?????

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived