thehoe92 Build v2 Update! 3/13 iPad install!

:good: :good: :good::good: Bout time you got a new Build log,lol

Cant wait to see what the new system does.

EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE

Jeep electronics = Stock (for now)

Headunit = VR3 cheapo

Speakers = Pioneer and Quantum Audio

Sub Amp = Sundown SAE-1200d

Sub = Fi SSD 15''

Mid/High amp = Sold my 4ch, Lookin for a new one now....

REFS: Bought From-Twistedchild420 ,J_black10,SojiaRaggs9000,hotshot27,

REFS: Sold To- James , sanitarium , qu1cks1lver56, skittlesRgood

Offical Audiogod9000 Feedback

Audiogod9000's 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Build

god! I'm getting so damn anxious!!!

I just took the 4 gauge going in to my 2 channel and hooked it up to the Sundown and then got 2 stock Bose 6.5's and hooked them up

had the bass knob at less than a quarter and it was bumpin haha!! fried them both though :(

also got my rear Bose speakers back in for some temporary rear fill and my center console Bose sub hooked up

my front stage sounds amazing now!!

just waiting for subs........

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

god damn it!

I just got 2 of the t.600's today along with my 30 ft of 1/0

so I go to hook up the amp

got the subs wired up

test it out at my house and everything is good, bumpin pretty good but right away I smell them

go check the amp settings and I had the low pass set to high for when I was setting the gain on my amp so I cranked it back down to about 70-80hz

go out and start bumpin, its doing pretty good, still smell them so I'm taking it easy

pretty normal for a new woofer to smell

then as I'm driving it starts to not get so loud, so I change the high pass on my Alpine back down to 80hz and start playing I95 by Gucci Mane

it was louder and was playing the intro good then it gets to the low part and my woofers just kind of fade out and then stop

FUCK!

start smelling them really bad and now they won't play

pull over and open the back and there is the magic smoke

push on the cone and they are scratchy and toast!

I'm so pissed because I just got them and I don't know why they blew

my gain is less than a quarter and NO bass boost and my low pass is set fine and everything is wired to 1 ohm

now I have to send them back and hopefully get new woofers or recones or something

anyone think it might be the box?

Damn dude. It might be the box but I doubt it. What volume on the alpine did you use to set the gains? It is really easy to drive a system into clipping with the type of equalizer you have in there. Did you hear any coil rub before you powered the subs up?

That blows man. I would have went with the 1000's at least...

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

that box has 3 separate chambers so I can run 2, 4 or 6 15's if I wanted

I think that box might have choked them but it shouldn't have that fast

and I will tuck my tail between my legs and bow my head in shame that I didn't check the gain

guess you live and learn because that shit was all the way up and just turned down a little when I thought I had it all the way down and just turned up a little

so I clipped them hard!!

I'm not proud of it and I'm glad I didn't go off on a rant online about how T3 sucks this and that because it was not the company's fault it was clearly user error

but looking on the bright side of things, if I had the gain almost all the way open and I was bumpin them for a good 30 minutes playin all kinds of stuff and it took that long to blow that should mean that when I actually get the gain set right they should be good to go for a LONG time

anyways..

as I was at work today being pissed about blown woofers I thought of TONS of different ways I could go from here

and here is what I have come up with

I will return the blown 2 and somehow get new ones or something, hopefully JD can help a brotha out on this one

wait for the other 4 to show up

I would really like to run the 6 15's box because it is built so strong, the rhino liner looks sexy as hell and it is supposed to sound really good

did for a while until they blew

hook up the 4 and try the amp out at .5ohm, the sundown 1200 doesn't go into protect until .5 so I'm hoping that with box rise it will be just slightly over that so I can power the subs properly

the amp did fine on 15v it was only at 15v for a little while before it dropped down into 14.6v but it didn't go into protect like specs said it would

so run the 4 at .5 on the 1200 and wait to get another 1200 so I can run them at 1 ohm

and if that doesn't sound good then I can go to Justin's and pick up Prestons old 4 15's box and see how that does

also, before they blew I had a weird feedback from my speakers that I've never heard before

when it would hit a high or a quick kick the tweeters crackled but only if the bass was up

never happened with my 18, anyone know what that could be from?

cancellation or something since I dropped the HPF filter down to 60hz and my LPF on my 1200 is set to around 70-80hz?

Archived