thehoe92 Build v2 Update! 3/13 iPad install!

Damn that sucks about the subs.

But about the speaker problem, I don't think the HPF and LPF being overlapping would cause that, I do it all the time.

But one time my speakers in my van did that at a USAC comp playing tones, it was weird. Never did it again though.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I saw this thread and was like "yeah, Kasey finally stopped with the exterior and got back to the good shit". Then I saw it was T3 and was... confused... then they blew the hell up in 30min >_<. I know of a place within driving distance from you that sells good shit- you should have looked into that IMO

BTW the hoe looks clean as ever- glad to see its still in one piece ha fa

yeah I think I'll email RF tomorrow if I can't trouble shoot it

I got 2 8 foot runs of welding wire 1/0 for my Sundown and a 16ft run for a ground run of Stinger HPM

I didn't cut down the welding wire in case I need it when I put my seats back in but what I'm thinking is having such a long ground on the amp is messing with the components

my buddy gave me his 2 flea market 12's in a prefab sealed box that take 350 RMS each both single 4 so I wired them to 2 ohm on the Sundown.. 600 watts and it bumps pretty good

so the tweeter problem still persists so I changed the RCA's for the sub channel from my EQ to my headunit to see if the noise is coming from the EQ and its still there

so I thought maybe its cancellation so I flipped the phase switch on the amp and it made the problem worse

I'm going to unplug the tweeters tomorrow and see if the noise is still there

whats weird is that this didn't happen when I had my 18 so I'm almost considering its something with the Sundown

:lol: drew it was all my fault so I don't blame T3 plus I got them for a good price

I don't doubt DC I just would like to try a new company and see how they do for me

I was pleased while it lasted and I know its only going to get better from here but if I change my mind the next step will be DC you can mark my words on that

but thanks! when are you going to have another land mines night at your house? :drinks:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

yeah I think I'll email RF tomorrow if I can't trouble shoot it

I got 2 8 foot runs of welding wire 1/0 for my Sundown and a 16ft run for a ground run of Stinger HPM

I didn't cut down the welding wire in case I need it when I put my seats back in but what I'm thinking is having such a long ground on the amp is messing with the components

my buddy gave me his 2 flea market 12's in a prefab sealed box that take 350 RMS each both single 4 so I wired them to 2 ohm on the Sundown.. 600 watts and it bumps pretty good

so the tweeter problem still persists so I changed the RCA's for the sub channel from my EQ to my headunit to see if the noise is coming from the EQ and its still there

so I thought maybe its cancellation so I flipped the phase switch on the amp and it made the problem worse

I'm going to unplug the tweeters tomorrow and see if the noise is still there

whats weird is that this didn't happen when I had my 18 so I'm almost considering its something with the Sundown

:lol: drew it was all my fault so I don't blame T3 plus I got them for a good price

I don't doubt DC I just would like to try a new company and see how they do for me

I was pleased while it lasted and I know its only going to get better from here but if I change my mind the next step will be DC you can mark my words on that

but thanks! when are you going to have another land mines night at your house? :drinks:

In case you missed sit-up I joined the military and am taking classes in Pensacola Florida. The wife is moving out soon and the house in Fairfield is empty LOL so no landmines for a while

Ground length isn't a factor, Kasey. You should check the resistance of your ground wire to see if it's a good ground or not though.

I run a ground wire from the front battery to the back of the car and it doesn't affect my 2 and 4 channel amps. If anything, it makes it better.

I'd try flipping the rcas first... Make the right sound stage the left, and the left sound stage the right. Test it and see if you get some noise on the opposite tweeter. If so, problem remains at the source unit(s) or the amp. Start bypassing/ swapping equipment to solve that one.

I think the most likely thing is either a loose connection either at the tweeter, at the crossover, or in the crossover.... If you're going to notice a loose connection.... chances are it's going to be when you're shaking the shit out of the car.

Bummer about the woofers man. Due to the fact that you blew them so fast, I'd talk to whoever is hooking you up, ask them to build you something a little more suited for your application. Maybe use the black anodized 2.5'' coil from the t1000 while using the t600 motor. You'd have less magnet strength, but more thermal power handling. Realistically, with the power you're giving them... You should be no less than a 3'' coil. I say this because I'm pushing about 750 rms to each of my 15'' Memphis m3 (Old school m3, not mojo... aka 2.5'' copper coil) and I can never fully give them that 750 for a long time. (Say 4 or 5 demos.... which for you, won't be hard at all.... If you're above 150... you're going to draw a crowd.)I'm not trying to sway your decision of your company, so don't get me wrong... I just think you can have them make something that will work out better for you in the long run. You should also keep in mind that the cooler the coil stays, the more efficient the woofer can be. Bigger coil = more surface area.

BTW, you could also look into getting some custom coils all together. Maybe instead of D4s, try to get some D3 coils.... Your final impedance on all 3 amps would be .75 that way... Either that or run 3 D4s per amp, and run 2 amps. .67 ohm per amp. There's a few hundred dollars saved right there.

In case you missed sit-up I joined the military and am taking classes in Pensacola Florida. The wife is moving out soon and the house in Fairfield is empty LOL so no landmines for a while

Holy shit Pensacola? That's where I am lol. Well 20 minutes from it but damn thats kinda cool another SMD'er is in the pcola area.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived